Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

lardbiscuits t1_j2kn47j wrote

It’s really not Philly’s strength. For a great food city our pizza is meh.

a_pale_horse t1_j2ko67y wrote

Sure, but there are good pizza places - though many of them are also from nyc. But there is some good local stuff too - pizzata, dough head, pizza plus, pizzeria bedia, etc. You're not gonna get a pizza for $12 but at that point I'd probably just get Domino's.

alittlemouth t1_j2koxre wrote

Recently tried DoughHead and was really pleasantly surprised. They make a solid pie.

MoreShenanigans t1_j2kse3y wrote

Never even had Blaze pizza, but just from the picture, it looks better than Dominoes. Too many toppings for me, but the crust looks solid.

PrissySobotka t1_j2lbt6t wrote

The spicy tomato sauce is tasty, and the ingredients are visibly of pretty high quality.

lardbiscuits t1_j2koqjp wrote

Eh those places are really just alright. Once you travel or live in other cities you realize Philly is pretty behind on pizza. There is just no culture for it here.

−13

Zujaz t1_j2l9n9n wrote

Do you not like Shackamaxon?

Xjjediace t1_j2ta2zx wrote

They burn the shit outta their pies. Wood Street is probably my favorite "normal" pizza place in Philly.

Zujaz t1_j2tf715 wrote

I like it crisp. To each their own.

PointB1ank t1_j2ktsfo wrote

There are a few good specialty pies at certain places, but I've yet to find a good plain cheese pie that actually impressed me.

thescarwar t1_j2l6ej7 wrote

The only one that actually did it for me was OG Pizza up in fishtown. Still far as hell from us down south though so it feels like a unicorn

PointB1ank t1_j2lg7k3 wrote

I'll keep that in mind next time I'm in that area

d4b3ss t1_j2nuir8 wrote

Every pizza on the same block as the Blaze Pizza in this city is better than Blaze Pizza, and probably cheaper too. I'm truly not sure what you're even going for here.