Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Allemaengel t1_j6g1ts7 wrote

I'm in the weird overlap here in the Poconos between a few of the most southeastern Sheetzes and northwesternmost Wawas with a lot of Turkey Hills and independents filling the big gaps in between especially in Carbon County.

[deleted] t1_j6g4ox0 wrote

[deleted]

Allemaengel t1_j6g5nze wrote

There's one in the middle of Allentown and one just east of Scranton.

I'm not near either of them but still in between them in the middle of nowhere beyond Jim Thorpe, lol.

waits5 t1_j6ghcrd wrote

We just went up to Jim Thorpe about a month ago. It’s a beautiful area and I was surprised that Turkey Hill was an actual store and not just a company that makes milk and ice cream for grocery stores. 🙂 It was actually a great little store.

Allemaengel t1_j6hff2e wrote

Yeah, I like it here overall but it's a little bit of a commute to work down in Bucks County, lol.

Turkey Hill's not bad for what it is but we could use something, either that or a Wawa or a Sheetz but something at the Turnpike Mahoning Valley exit.

waits5 t1_j6ijurd wrote

Oof, that’s a bad commute. I used to have a 90 minute commute each way when I was in Jersey. Long commutes just take it out of you.

bumfightrecorder t1_j6ivsz0 wrote

We searched for a wawa on Google maps while in the poconos and it returned a sheetz. It’s the maddest I’ve ever been in my life.

Allemaengel t1_j6ixngl wrote

The Wawa nearest me doesn't even has gas pumps, lol.

johnnyss1 t1_j6g478v wrote

The gas station in Carbondale doesn’t have fresh yams

Shrewlord t1_j6ibbpm wrote

Pittsburgh is more south than the Poconos friend.

Allemaengel t1_j6igiy2 wrote

I was referring to those Sheetzes along the segment of the Wawa-Sheetz boundary in the eastern part of the state.

Shrewlord t1_j6ihdso wrote

Sure. Wilkes-Barre has Sheetz and Hazelton has Wawa. That's pretty much where the divide is.

spikebrennan t1_j6gkfvn wrote

#1 is that the plural is “Turkeys Hill”

#2 is that I can’t imagine setting foot in one

−5