Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

waits5 t1_j6fw1hn wrote

Just imagine City Hall with a fucking Giants logo on it if they won. Unimaginable. This is an embarrassment for NYC.

DFWPunk t1_j6g1xyw wrote

It's not like New York has a football team.

waits5 t1_j6ggvn6 wrote

True. The fans of both North Jersey teams should be upset about this happening in the city they think they are a part of.

uptown_gargoyle OP t1_j6g2b4k wrote

Even our 🤡 mayor and city council wouldn't allow that

zwinters57 t1_j6h9hs3 wrote

But they also wouldn't stop anybody either. Especially if the perpetrators were on dirt bikes.

Flip_1800 t1_j6kd8hm wrote

I get what these comparisons are going for but not the same at all lol..ESB is one of the most famous buildings in the world. It has a calendar of lights for different causes almost nightly. They’ve done this for the Eagles before when we went to the bowl in 2017-18. Patriots were celebrated with lights that year also..it’s NYC lol

Diplotomodon t1_j6fyryv wrote

Pleased to announce Philly's successful annexation of the city of New York. As part of our redevelopment plan we will be replacing every bodega with a Wawa

spikebrennan t1_j6gkaes wrote

Sixth fucking borough… yeah, what’s it like being a northern suburb of the 215?

LimousineAndAPeetzah t1_j6hhy1v wrote

Bodegas and WaWa’s serve different purposes in this universe. I think they can coexist in peace.

South-Philly-Metal t1_j6fzlf1 wrote

You can have Wawa. Sheetz seems to be moving in where Wawas once were. Should be interesting.

Allemaengel t1_j6g1ts7 wrote

I'm in the weird overlap here in the Poconos between a few of the most southeastern Sheetzes and northwesternmost Wawas with a lot of Turkey Hills and independents filling the big gaps in between especially in Carbon County.

[deleted] t1_j6g4ox0 wrote

[deleted]

Allemaengel t1_j6g5nze wrote

There's one in the middle of Allentown and one just east of Scranton.

I'm not near either of them but still in between them in the middle of nowhere beyond Jim Thorpe, lol.

waits5 t1_j6ghcrd wrote

We just went up to Jim Thorpe about a month ago. It’s a beautiful area and I was surprised that Turkey Hill was an actual store and not just a company that makes milk and ice cream for grocery stores. 🙂 It was actually a great little store.

Allemaengel t1_j6hff2e wrote

Yeah, I like it here overall but it's a little bit of a commute to work down in Bucks County, lol.

Turkey Hill's not bad for what it is but we could use something, either that or a Wawa or a Sheetz but something at the Turnpike Mahoning Valley exit.

waits5 t1_j6ijurd wrote

Oof, that’s a bad commute. I used to have a 90 minute commute each way when I was in Jersey. Long commutes just take it out of you.

bumfightrecorder t1_j6ivsz0 wrote

We searched for a wawa on Google maps while in the poconos and it returned a sheetz. It’s the maddest I’ve ever been in my life.

Allemaengel t1_j6ixngl wrote

The Wawa nearest me doesn't even has gas pumps, lol.

johnnyss1 t1_j6g478v wrote

The gas station in Carbondale doesn’t have fresh yams

Shrewlord t1_j6ibbpm wrote

Pittsburgh is more south than the Poconos friend.

Allemaengel t1_j6igiy2 wrote

I was referring to those Sheetzes along the segment of the Wawa-Sheetz boundary in the eastern part of the state.

Shrewlord t1_j6ihdso wrote

Sure. Wilkes-Barre has Sheetz and Hazelton has Wawa. That's pretty much where the divide is.

spikebrennan t1_j6gkfvn wrote

#1 is that the plural is “Turkeys Hill”

#2 is that I can’t imagine setting foot in one

−5

Brandar87 t1_j6hsyms wrote

When did we stop calling them papi stores?

benifit t1_j6i2zck wrote

Bodegas replaced with corners stores.

SnapCrackleMom t1_j6fyywj wrote

NY Twitter is losing its damn mind and I am crying laughing at some if the tweets. A selection of my favorites for your convenience: https://imgur.com/a/C1e1R1L

cheesewiz90 t1_j6hp94g wrote

Dave Portnoy was having a little conniption about it 🙄

licensedtojill t1_j6fwj5y wrote

NYC needs to stop dick eating, we’re never gonna be friends.

tonytrov t1_j6fxpgr wrote

to be fair the Giants play in New Jersey

bradfordmaster t1_j6jdt5y wrote

The 49ers play in fucking Santa Clara now (I grew up in Philly area but live in sf now). It's like 45 miles away from the closest part of the city and takes an hour to get there in very moderate traffic. It'd be like if the eagles played in Allentown (almost)

tonytrov t1_j6jloh6 wrote

That's wild but at least it's the same state and I guess paying the same taxes.

North Jersey's New York identity is so pathetic in my opinion.

bradfordmaster t1_j6js38b wrote

Well sf has its own taxes for city and county, so only kinda. But yeah, if there was another state an hour away they might have gone ahead and moved it there. Different state is too much, I agree

SchleppyJ4 t1_j6iy0fi wrote

And Jets

tonytrov t1_j6iyo91 wrote

when I was a kid and would play Madden on Sega, they were listed as the NJ Jets.

SchleppyJ4 t1_j6izz94 wrote

As they should be 😂 The Bills are the only true NY NFL team.

VeryStab1eGenius t1_j6g337z wrote

The colors of the winning team was going to be on the Empire State Building. NYC isn’t as provincial as Philadelphia. Most Giants fans don’t even live in the city.

ETA: see, even the Empire State Building has jokes about this. https://imgur.com/a/33girAH

tonytrov t1_j6g4gd1 wrote

every Giants fan I ever met was actually from NJ

VeryStab1eGenius t1_j6g790h wrote

There is one person on my social media that is upset over this and he’s a cop that lives on Long Island. This is the demographic I’d expect to care, hahaha.

moonfacts_info t1_j6gfqcn wrote

> provincial

lmao ok mr. world citizen why don't you go eat a croissant or something

VeryStab1eGenius t1_j6gga0s wrote

What kind of savage eats a croissant any time but in the morning? Jesus Christ I might as well be living in a jungle with chimps.

Puckslapper2 t1_j6gcc83 wrote

This. Local sports doesn't consume NYC like it does here. There are many other things going on and many people from other places who live in NYC

Qumbo t1_j6fwr8k wrote

NYC not a football city. New Jersey Giants

LimousineAndAPeetzah t1_j6hhw46 wrote

Probably more Eagles fans in Manhattan than Giants fans anyway.

Unfamiliar_Word t1_j6fxwg5 wrote

Too bad about the Jets, but thank you all the same.

hjeff51 t1_j6fzkfv wrote

it's... it's weird

GaviFromThePod t1_j6i587z wrote

Maybe they should have not lost to the eagles 3 times

jawnquistador t1_j6icst5 wrote

Giants fan here. Any of you guys wanna come pick it up? We’re done using it now. Just slap it in center city somewhere, im sure it’ll look nice

phillysleuther t1_j6h9k8j wrote

My favorite thing I saw was they’d have to grease the Empire State Building so Philly fans couldn’t climb it like a trash King Kong.

Jawny_Appleseed t1_j6gy7g1 wrote

It’s only natural when we’re taking on 50% of your vacating population.

ageofadzz t1_j6gj58y wrote

That's fucking hilarious

urbanhawk1 t1_j6hgq92 wrote

Are they going to need to grease the empire state building now?

ChocolatePleepleus t1_j6hkyud wrote

It only lasted a few hours before they switched to the Chiefs' colors.

TheBSQ t1_j6kafdo wrote

There’s always people angry about something on Twitter.

RedditorUser99 t1_j6gqefo wrote

No, we’re not happy about this.

And you wouldn’t be happy if Liberty Place was lit up in Giants blue.

−3