Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

ShartistKutti t1_j2rxdwc wrote

So I've been paying for parking every time I've parked at a lot, and could have had free parking? It's times like this I wish my parking-sign anxiety was non-existent.

mmmagic1216 OP t1_j2s8689 wrote

Parking fees have been suspended at Septa surface lots since March 2020! At the stations I frequent, there are numerous signs that say parking fees are suspended until (date), now they say “until further notice.” The Septa web site says the same on their parking page.

I didn’t think anyone was collecting from the coin slot banks, so I wonder if money is piling up in them or how much they can accept before they get full?

Sorry you’ve been paying all this time!!

ShartistKutti t1_j2saqcj wrote

Its okay, I just can't read.

Hopefully they take all that extra cash and put it to work. :')

FormalManifold t1_j2s2yk4 wrote

Welcome to the club. I was paying for like a year before I found out.

ShartistKutti t1_j2s4a0t wrote

Upset, though I'd be even more upset a year in. Its only been 3-4 months.

GemLong28 t1_j2tdgzn wrote

Have you been using the coin slots to pay?

I once tried to pay for parking using the kiosk and it told me that parking is free! Then I saw the signs that parking was free until 12/31/2022.

I’m glad to see they’re extending free parking, sorry you’ve been paying when you didn’t have to.

ShartistKutti t1_j2teo3l wrote

I've never once had that happen! But it was laundry change my ex left behind, so it is what it is. But I do remember once in September I asked another rider about parking and they told me to pay at the kiosk, maybe they were unaware as well

GemLong28 t1_j2tf6cw wrote

Interesting… I tried to pay at a regional rail station. I’m not sure if that makes a difference.

Yes!! I’m glad your ex’s laundry coins went to good use!