Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Dryheavemorning OP t1_j5lgk92 wrote

Middle Child, Kalaya and this moving to the area all in the last year and half. Good stuff for the neighborhood and some of my favorites moving up with me. Now just need a Royal Izakaya and Angelo's North.

jea25 t1_j5pns60 wrote

I’m fine with second locations in Fishtown. Please keep the originals in South Philly. Still miffed about Kalaya.

Dryheavemorning OP t1_j5pp45j wrote

I would be too if I was still closer to the South Philly location. The new Kalaya's food is fantastic as expected but will be a better restaurant once they're through growing pains and button up the service for a large restaurant.

A_Peke_Named_Goat t1_j5oif5j wrote

no love for Izakaya By Yanaga?

Dryheavemorning OP t1_j5pom5t wrote

I've ordered from there a few times and it was great but efforts to visit have been hampered by illness. Definitely need to check out their omakase. But Royal Sushi is a long time favorite and would never object to a second location in my new neighborhood.

Away_Swimming_5757 t1_j5z8hba wrote

Atmosphere is decent, but the food quality to price ratio is way off. Haven't had any amazing food experiences there despite the prices being on that level

A_Peke_Named_Goat t1_j5zhqco wrote

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I mean, I don't really spend more there than I do other restaurants. Post-covid everything is expensive AF.