Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

ddd12547 t1_iz0ol28 wrote

This, but i take it as the observer of shit happens, takes the issue with existence of shit without knowing who or what is doing the shitting. If sourcing the shit becomes an encompassing preoccupation it might help to examine that knowing where the shit is coming from will never be useful in stoping, changing, or affecting the shits source nor will it affect the shit thats already happened

jhagen13 t1_iz0q1f2 wrote

Exactly. The shitting is always occurring, whether it's a result of our own choices or not. Life is cruel, random and unfair. We just do our best to remedy that or, at a minimum, mitigate it. Find the positive lessons or things to be grateful for and move on.

ddd12547 t1_iz0r8wm wrote

Agreed only the pattern seeking nature and the human inability to distinguish between abd avoid lumping all or miscategorizing this shit from that shit... can lead to a mistaken sense of a single shit source which while still unknowable could potentially be deduced *(im liking this more and more) a single cruel source negates random and amplifies unfair. The cruel piece of shit fact then becomes inescapable maybe life isnt a toilet we the observer are shit

jhagen13 t1_iz0ts1n wrote

And that last part is the hardest for people to grapple with. Admitting that one sees that they're wrong and not reality is a harsh but necessary (and freeing) epiphany.

ddd12547 t1_iz0v34f wrote

its also ego death, and tough to recover from. building and maintaining a sense of self after that sort of epiphany is a different kind of ill that philosophy is still trying to cure. Almost every trans-formative self narrative or post crisis identity salience is still at best slightly vulnerable and at worst fragile as hell.

I might have lost the plot along the way in this thread what was the question

I might

jhagen13 t1_iz0w20r wrote

Having lived through a soul-crushing event that destroyed my very identity and forced me to rebuild everything about myself....I can verify what you're saying. Strength comes with practice and surrounding oneself with good, like-minded people to help you steer the course.