Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Aimfri t1_j1tz6ey wrote

Yeah, you definitely read what I wrote.

bumharmony t1_j1u17dy wrote

Destruction of what? Pinatas? improbable societal orders? What? To destruct is a verb that requires a subject and an object.

It is so silly that theology can not take even rudimentary ethical critique. I guess that is why it is called belief. But even belief must be feasible on the level of following a coherent set of rules.

Aimfri t1_j1u86m5 wrote

I can't have a civil discussion with you if you keep attacking half-baked strawmen and not reading anything others say. I haven't even started making a point, I just provided some references as a conversation starter with a very succinct summary, and you already are trying to burn everything around you to the ground. There are inevitable generalisations in a Reddit comment of a few hundred characters. Have you considered they could be just that - simplifications for the sake of brevity - and not fallacies left open for you to play such a childish game of refutation?

bumharmony t1_j1u8jkt wrote

Lately there have been several threads about evil in ways that do not at all tease the whole conception. This is one of them. I was replying to the thread, not your personal reply.

Aimfri t1_j1ugld6 wrote

The fact that you pinpointed the words "destruction" and "theology", in a second answer to a short comment that featured them prominently, says otherwise. Reads more like you tried an easy jab and don't feel like owning to it if taken seriously.