Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Gmroo OP t1_j3l256o wrote

Once we create new minds they will be so different that all communication will breakdown and we won't be able to predict each other's behavior or states.

Like if you cry now I can make the reasonable assumption you are sad or pain. Tremendously many assumptions like this one we take for granted because we're all humans and the diversity is quite low compared to a civilization that builds new types of minds.

So I argue this is a disaster waiting to happen.

lizzolz t1_j3l4b4a wrote

> So I argue this is a disaster waiting to happen.

It does sound dystopian. But can you elaborate on this?

Gmroo OP t1_j3l4zgi wrote

The post elaborates on it. I just tried to think the logical consequences through of what happens when you introduce basically alien minds into a civilization that for 99% caters to one. Dystopian or not, it is what it is.

LobsterVirtual100 t1_j3ms8yu wrote

What’s your thoughts on us returning to a visual language through the embrace of AI and these new minds?

I could see as AI normalizes, AI generated visuals becoming their own form of language and communication due to its basic form of being an image translated from words and concepts.

We already see this slightly with memes and I’d argue it proves the opposite of any collapse, due to the collective sharing and understanding of what most memes essence is.

Gmroo OP t1_j3mv47a wrote

I think we need to work on figuring out what sort universal languages may be created and may exist. For example exchanging knowledge graphs.

I don't think current memes prove anything, in the sense that with the introduction of new minds we'll have a whole other world of minds on our hands.

So tendences of current minds are not that relevant.

Just imagine entities whose behavior completely doesn't jive with what you're used to from humans. We're used to infer each other's states because we're so alike. That's how evolution optimized us. But there is no universal principle that this needs to be the case. At all. Hence a total collapse of intersubjectivity once we have a "free for all" mind designs.