Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

tabshiftescape t1_iu362ro wrote

When we disagree on facts I don’t think there’s productive conversation to be had. My personal recollection of the Brooks Brothers Riot and that of every account of it I’ve found in the past couple minutes searching to refresh my memory indicates the only impact was that a few bureaucrats and the media was kept out of where the ballot counters were working. Unless you distrust what the ballot counters were doing, the election remained intact.

Instead of attacking individuals, maybe it’d be more productive to argue for the dismantling of the electoral college.

Avalon-1 t1_iu3am3h wrote

I was referring to the brooks brothers riot disrupting the recount in miami dade to the extent that bush was declared to win florida by 538 votes.

tabshiftescape t1_iu3ax7n wrote

What did that disruption look like?

Avalon-1 t1_iu3az6a wrote

tabshiftescape t1_iu3dkh8 wrote

Yeah okay I see. That’s the account I’m familiar with. It admits a stretch on the comparison between what happened on January 6th 2021 and November 19th 2000. Look I’m not saying that the Brooks Brothers Riot wasn’t interference, im just saying (like Business Insider) that its effect wasn’t impactful. That’s all.