Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Pattoe89 t1_j2da8lr wrote

This reminds me of the following music video: https://youtu.be/SKZWU-mj8No

Set in what used to be the port town of Iioka, Chiba. But is now not recognised as a town but a suburb of Asahi city due to population drops from people moving to the city.

You'll see lots of these beautiful places that are frozen in time in music videos because they look great and being abandoned/partially abandoned, they are easy to film in.

wj9eh t1_j2deh66 wrote

Is this the station they left open for that one girl who needed it to get to school?

MeanCat4 t1_j2dj4fs wrote

It's like a paint! What a great way to go to work.

Magic1998 t1_j2dqvas wrote

Gonna make me watch Non Non Biyori again

DonaldTrumpTinyHands t1_j2dtn7y wrote

My sister used to work in Yakage, a small village close to Okayama. They had a single carriage train like this to get there from the city. There was a kid with aspergers on the train who knew all the words and dance moves to the latest J-Pop songs much to the amusement of his classmates. My sister had a whole house to herself next to a river. When I visited her, i was invited to take part in the Aki Matsuri by the locals. I wore traditional clothes and carried the Mikoshi whilst getting steadily more and more drunk.

hankdu t1_j2dtp7s wrote

Japan always does it better.

−5

prjindigo t1_j2e340w wrote

Not since she graduated from her finishing school...

0ngar t1_j2e4o9h wrote

Lol looks like Squirtle!

joshsetafire t1_j2eccev wrote

No Face is definitely waiting for her on the train.

Jayyouung t1_j2edvi2 wrote

Wow. What I’d give to just up and leave me life for somewhere peaceful like this

dildo_t_baggins_ t1_j2ejh52 wrote

First of all, I've never seen a Sakura anywhere near that size. Second, this place looks like heaven. It's hard to imagine this is a country where it's pretty much mandatory to work yourself to the bone to the point where you long for the merciful release of death.

ace1oak t1_j2exius wrote

i miss the sounds of the trains running by ...

No_Eye8650 OP t1_j2f3toi wrote

Although Japan does seem like a wonderful place to live, keep in mind that every country has its ups and downs and you really don’t know what it like to live there until you actually do!

yhnc t1_j2f8l76 wrote

Is it just me or I’ve seen this two or three months ago here already

EkaL25 t1_j2f9fjg wrote

What a great picture, I could see this hanging on a wall inside someone’s house

xoteck t1_j2feu0q wrote

Did the girl was late for school? I mean photo is beautiful but poor girl she just missed the train and we are just saying this is beautiful

HythlodaeusHuxley t1_j2fg4kk wrote

Dammit I want to go to Japan so bad - been planning a trip for years

Teri_Windwalker t1_j2fjztd wrote

Without the title, I could be convinced that's somewhere in the Appalachian mountains.

Jonny_Entropy t1_j2fqipt wrote

This is such an old photo although I think it's been reversed. I wonder where the OP dug this one out from.

Sayurimai t1_j2ftz2x wrote

They missed the part of my grandpa and uncle staring at their little koi pond. My friend’s husband and his dad do the same thing. I think it’s a guy thing because I’ve never understood it.