Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

NlXON t1_j6hx57r wrote

I have friends on both sides of the American aisle and I am not targeting you or any base in this comment. This is purely objective.

I watched the video you were referring to. Tucker Carlson is creating a narrative, just as every American news/infotainment company does. The sources being used are unconfirmed and did not confirm that there was involvement, the expressed belief that there was involvement. Two different things.

He is right that conspiracy theory has a certain perceived connotation, mostly because it is a term used to categorize events that are orchestrated by secret but influential organizations. This same term is used for categorizing the Illuminati, alien abductions, ufo sightings and many more events and phenomena that have been claimed, but not confirmed.

The whole segment was wrapped with character descriptives aimed at supporting a narrative and lacked basic support for the claims. This is why Fox News and more specifically Tucker Carlson, and similarly Rachel Maddow on the other side of the spectrum, is negatively perceived outside of the GOP, because there is a narrative being driven to increase viewership for the network.