Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Lord_oftheTrons t1_ja36km2 wrote

Hockey is crazy now, I have YouTube TV so I can get the TNT/ABC games, but don't have NHL Network games or AT&T games. So with YTTV and my VPN I can now watch all but the NHL Network games due to blackouts. I've spent money on the VPN and firesticks on all the TVs to enable this workaround and I'd rather just give the money to someone and just be able to watch the games.

It is so anti-consumer and they don't seem to care. Until it impacts them financially that will be what we have to deal with. Bring back KBL and I will give them $100 a season for every game.

Financial-Pie2221 t1_ja5ekwx wrote

Look at what Apple TV did with the MLS. That is the future. Especially because T-Mobile gave it to customers for free and even if you had to pay it’s around $60. The NHL used to have their own version of MLB.TV, but then they sold the rights to ESPN+. MLB.TV could be the gold standard with they would fight to remove blackouts. Especially since cable tv is dying.

Lord_oftheTrons t1_ja5gesr wrote

Yeah ESPN+ is great if they figure out the blackout games. I have it included with my Verizon plan.

alexp8771 t1_ja62hs2 wrote

Yeah I have basically stopped watching sports entirely because I don’t want to put up with this bullshit. I wasn’t going to pay money for ESPN+ and still have blackouts.