Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Perfect_Speech_8058 t1_ja32f3y wrote

I got married in the outdoor garden May 2012. I had a wonderful experience and have friends that still regard it as their favorite wedding. My wedding was about 80 guests and did ceremony and reception both at Phipps in the outdoor garden.

The fee is super reasonable compared to other options. I checked most options at that time and some of the costs were truly shocking. The tent comes included in the fee but you will have to rent tables and linens, etc.

Their food and drinks were fantastic. I did a wine and beer bar only and they surprised us with sangria for cocktail hour which was so delicious. I didn’t do a sit down dinner and opted for just passed hors d'oeuvres, which I was really happy with. I also had a candy and cookie table and hired a coffee bar for the last two hours. The only thing I would’ve done differently is to have chosen one or two of the food station options so that people had food options if the passed hors d’oeuvres hadn’t gotten to them yet or for awhile. Some people kept repeatedly storming the servers as they walked into the tent and it took awhile for food to make it to the opposite side of the tent.

You save on decor because the beautiful garden is an amazing backdrop and your guests can wonder the gardens and sit on the various benches for more private moments during the event.