Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

cmyk412 t1_j9zwi9r wrote

There were so many iconic music venues and nightclubs that are now part of the past. Off the top of my head there was The Decade, Graffiti, The Electric Banana, Holiday House, Club Laga, The Upstage, Metropol, Rosebud, 2001, The Turmoil Room, Cloud 9, The Lava Lounge, Nick’s Fat City, City Limits, Syria Mosque, Millvale Industrial Theater, Heaven, Mirage, I.C. Light Amphitheater, Rex Theater

betterashthandust44 t1_ja0meoz wrote

altar bar too

funkyb t1_ja1w4a9 wrote

Cool as hell venue, terrible fucking sound

zappafrank2112 t1_ja4z2ge wrote

To this day, I miss Altar Bar. 10 minute drive for me, easy parking, and a great view from my preferred perch up on the 2nd floor.

Now all the stuff that would go to Altar Bar goes out to Jergels which is far from being my favorite venue. Stuff I'd otherwise have gone to in a second at Altar Bar I now have to think on and that's 100% due to the fact that it's Jergels.

hooch t1_ja37gr7 wrote

Saw so many great shows at Altar. Skaters, Devin Townsend, Awolnation, Nile, Death From Above 1979…

zmny t1_j9zykjl wrote

Any of these other names of the rock club in station sq? That venue had some surprisingly good shows!

Edit: was right next to Hooters

Edit2: https://www.setlist.fm/venue/the-rock-club-station-square-pittsburgh-pa-usa-43d7b3d3.html Jimmy eat world and the killers 2004 :)

pittsburghfun t1_ja0icju wrote

Ic light amphitheater? I saw the Ramone’s there.

Rocktroy33 t1_ja34qvh wrote

IC light ampitheater was awesome! I went to many concerts and events there!

cmyk412 t1_ja0krvk wrote

Hooters was that random building in one SSq parking lot - Are you thinking of Matrix? Woodson’s?

cmyk412 t1_ja03fs7 wrote

Hmm that I don’t remember. Donzi’s? The Hard Rock is still there.

hooch t1_ja378z1 wrote

Rock Room maybe? I was at that Killers show in 2004!

−1

44problems t1_ja1z9pv wrote

Remember when IC Light ended the sponsorship so it became the Amphitheater at Station Square, the ASS?

Col__Hunter_Gathers t1_ja39gy2 wrote

Fuckin A, I miss the IC Light Amphitheater. I went to my first ever concert there. Weird Al. What a great fuckin show that was. Also got to see Lamb of God & Gwar together, which was magnificent. Oderus had the biggest crack rock I've ever seen up on that stage lol.

Now my kiddo is getting to concert going age and I wish the Amphitheater was still there cuz it would be a great spot for me to take her for a show.

cmyk412 t1_ja3fec7 wrote

I saw Weird Al at the Amphitheater too

Col__Hunter_Gathers t1_ja3hr5v wrote

Nice. I just looked it up out of curiosity and it was July 2003, so technically it wasn't the IC Light Amp anymore lol. That was always the name though, just like StarLake.

zappafrank2112 t1_ja4zhcu wrote

I miss the Rex. Saw so many great metal shows there. I loved the balcony.

But it's probably just as well that it's no longer there given that South Side sounds like a nightmare anymore (awaits the downvotes from people who live in Southside for besmirching it)