Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

RadicalAns t1_iu4nods wrote

This is a grammatically incorrect use of the word yinz. It is not a drop in replacement for yall.

[deleted] t1_iu4pwt5 wrote

Without any statistics to back it up, if we do indeed get more cars in buildings here I'd guess it was due to topography. Hills mean tight curvy roads while Florida is wide and straight. You're a lot more likely to go off the road when there's a curve and also when there's less road to stop you. This also means our buildings are a lot closer to the road, less parking lots and empty yards to slow down in

[deleted] t1_iu4ymi2 wrote

I don't really care what YOU'RE referring to, I'm offering up an explanation.

I can just about guarantee that Pittsburgh drivers aren't magically worse at staying between the lines compared to Florida. My explanation is to show how the consequences of going out of your lane are greater here.

You go out of your lane in Florida and it just means you hop a curb into a parking lot, not exactly gonna make the news. You go out of your lane here and it's someone's living room so you see it on the evening news making you think it's more common

Lululover412 t1_iu5gsp3 wrote

My MIL insists on using Siri to text, but it can’t comprehend yinzer very well. I got a text from her once that said she saw something at the store “Don air.”

It’s interesting trying to translate some of those. Sad thing is, I’m really good at it haha

Daktic t1_iu5gwy4 wrote

The house probably run the stop sign. Houses need to follow the rules too!!

da_london_09 t1_iu5jsor wrote

Surprisingly, the home still didn't lose any value...

UrbanSound t1_iu5kmgk wrote

Well that doesn't belong there

StyreneAddict1965 t1_iu5p4ru wrote

What did that sound like? I had a cast iron pot fall over in the kitchen while I was upstairs, and scared the hell out of me. I thought someone had forced the front door.

lefthandb1ack t1_iu5qa03 wrote

This looks more like a case of “bust-ass & hot banger on the radio

cdelaney1982 t1_iu5uc16 wrote

Did u happen to see if the 16 year old they hit was ok?

Inandout_oflimbo t1_iu62mam wrote

Didn’t a kit get hit before crashing in the house?

fadedrosebud t1_iu6p6bo wrote

We like to brag about our buses falling into holes and ravines but we don’t give enough attention to another huge Pittsburgh tradition, cars and trucks into houses. If I wasn’t so lazy I’d research the ten year car into house total. Cars into bars count too.

ace_account456 t1_iu6puxi wrote

He was drinking something alright, but it sure as hell wasn't coffee