Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

lennyj17 t1_iydlsqu wrote

Just a caveat to add - Mobile Ticketing doesnt NOT work on the T, so you will need to use a ConnectCard.

From the back n forth dialogue I saw on Twitter with PRT .... PRT seems to be in the process of moving to a unified NFC payment system like other Transit Systems with proper fare payment technology (NYC's OMNY, Chicago's Ventra). So the current Mobile Ticketing may never get going on the T.

ShatteredAvenger t1_iydvf6t wrote

glad to hear they’re working on NFC, the current mobile ticketing system is pretty awkward and not really any more convenient than just carrying a conectcard

vocalyouth t1_iye188l wrote

they added QR code readers to many of the bigger T stops so you can pay using the Transit app now apparently. i haven't seen anyone really using them, but they popped up in the last few months.

verdesquared4533 t1_iydx675 wrote

Just experienced the ease of NFC / tap and pay in another city. Really makes it easy to use transit. I'll believe it when I see it here.

CrazyCanuck57 t1_iyebmrg wrote

They do have the scanners at some T stops, last I rode they weren't functional. All the drivers I've had or the station attendant just need to see the mobile ticket and you should be good.