Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Jack_Sandwich t1_iw0y8eu wrote

Loads of them had already cast early ballots by the time the debate took place. That’s why Fetterman’s campaign kept delaying the scheduling. If it had happened a month prior, it’s reasonable to think the <2% margin would have tilted. Oz was a terrible candidate but post-debate he gained several points in polling. It just happened too late in the campaign cycle.

−30

WhyHulud t1_iw2ks8d wrote

I cast my ballot for John on Election Day. And it wasn't because I wanted to vote against Oz (that was just a nice perk). John's done a lot of good work at the local and state level. He's mostly stayed true to his word. And he even got something done at the federal level before he was elected.

I think your argument is high grade copium.

pAul2437 t1_iw7medo wrote

What work of his at the local level did you like?

−2

WhyHulud t1_iw7smlp wrote

pAul! You're alive! I am genuinely happy that you didn't fall into a pit of despair from which you could never climb out.

Well, before I answer that, what of his work do you not like? Seems you've got the Catalog of Fetterman Accomplishments there. Why would you vote for a quack doctor instead?

pAul2437 t1_iw7u2ym wrote

I didn’t vote for oz.

I really like fettermans common sense approach on fracking. It made sense in braddock to have a well.

How about you?

−2

WhyHulud t1_iw7vi50 wrote

It doesn't bother me that he supported a gas well there, assuming it was done in an ecologically sound way. And obviously it couldn't be done, or USS wouldn't accept having to do it that way and not make obscene profit, because the deal fell through last year.

pAul2437 t1_iw8cydw wrote

I gave you mine. what work on the local level did you like?

−2

WhyHulud t1_iw8dic4 wrote

The work he did in Braddock. Building a community center from an abandoned church, youth programs, jobs programs. He put a lot of love into that town. It was amazing to see first-hand.

mistergrime t1_iw16qc3 wrote

Less than two percent margin? What results are you reading?

AnxiousCat9782 t1_iw30m27 wrote

I just love you armchair psychics. And maybe people in PA aren't as stupid and redneck as to vote for a NJ resident that spent the summer in Ireland and made a handful more appearances than Senator Fetterman did. I mean, fgs, trump lost PA. What made anyone think a candidate he endorsed would win?

jrrackerley t1_iw4cbyh wrote

Your point about the Fetterman camp adopting a strategy to benefit as much as possible from pre-debate early voting is valid.

I think you’re likely over-rating how many voters would’ve changed their mind or not voted had they seen Fetterman’s debate performance though. The electorate is very polarized and, what’s more, understands that a senator has relatively little he or she has to actually do compared to, say, a governor.

You concede Oz was a horrible candidate. He was. Oz was also on the ballot with Mastrioni who managed to be just as bad, though for different reasons. It was a clownshow.