Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

beef_lol_man OP t1_iuue36a wrote

"This program's blocked on your area" Anyone else in the PGH area have YouTube TV and getting this message?

pong1101 t1_iuuf514 wrote

FuboTV will have Pens and Pirates

maschingon405 t1_iuujj3y wrote

The pens make it really difficult to watch their games if you don't have att Sportsnet

KingAzeroth t1_iuuos9p wrote

I was watching it on Xfinity Stream and then after like 10 minutes it said it was “blocked in my area” lol

Entire-Job7656 t1_iuuv6cd wrote

I'll never understand why the NHL and it's teams do what they do. I get that TV contracts are lucrative, but it's not growing the sport. I firmly believe hockey could become more popular than basketball in the US, but it's largely inaccessible in most home markets. Die hard fans have to jump through hoops to watch it, and on days like today I just end up sailing the seven seas.

My dad and uncle are Pittsburgh sports fanatics but don't follow the Penguins until the post season. You know why? Because they're impossible to watch on some of the biggest cable providers. I watch almost every game and I have to plug in my laptop to the HDMI and turn on my VPN to do so. Most people who don't love the team aren't going to do that.

I just don't get it. I'm sure there would be a profit loss by signing with networks that air games on most cable providers, or doing away with blackouts. However, I find it hard to believe that the long term benefits wouldn't be far more profitable.

Kirk1233 t1_iuuwlwe wrote

DirecTV Stream is a streaming TV provider that has AT&T sportsnet…. (Sadly they don’t have NFL network though, one of the reasons I have Hulu Live, plus need Disney Plus for the kids and it’s bundled in with that)