Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

OcelotWolf t1_ixfe97m wrote

Look guys, Travel and Leisure doesn’t need to put out a travel guide telling people to go to Paris, London, Rome, and NYC. God forbid they include some destinations that punch above their weight while flying under the radar. Some of you are extraordinarily cynical

burritoace t1_ixfw54t wrote

It would be hilarious if they just released the same extremely obvious list each year

OcelotWolf t1_ixfyuix wrote

You’ll never guess what we’re recommending you do in NYC this year… go see a Broadway show!

What to do in Paris, you ask? How about the Eiffel Tower?

thedgpeth t1_ixggjtd wrote

My thoughts exactly. The negativity regarding this ranking is comically antisocial. If you can’t appreciate the fascinating cultural turnaround and architectural beauty - not to mention the food (the food!) that Pittsburgh offers - I feel like there’s just no hope for you in general.

finolex1 t1_ixh7ltq wrote

They should have named it "50 cool places to visit in 2023", but the current title makes it sound like some objective ranking of the places to see before you die.

OcelotWolf t1_ixh8tyg wrote

I think that’s fair - but good luck convincing them or any other similar publication to stop sensationalizing every headline to maximize clicks