Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

[deleted] t1_j1wd977 wrote

What was his degree in? A lot of the places I know in Lawrenceville/The Strip etc. are hiring skilled and experienced labor (mostly tech) but there’s a plethora of restaurants up there too that may need help if he’s willing.

Ok_Usual_8188 OP t1_j1we4mt wrote

He has a bachelor's in English Literature. He is willing to work anywhere that will take him. He would be more than happy to work in a restaurant, but has no experience in working in one. We tried looking at all the local coffee shops to see if they were hiring but didn't see anything.

He's great with computers, talking to people, and is fluent in 3 languages. He just doesn't have the job experience part that a lot of places are looking for.

ahemcee t1_j1wils0 wrote

Busy Beaver is hiring.

thunderballz t1_j1yo0jv wrote

I would love to work at busy beaver as a second job but the old lady cashiers there r always so mean to me :(

[deleted] t1_j1wqv5j wrote

It’s hard starting out, I’m sure he’d be a great asset to anyone but I’d say working in the service industry is the best bet for something immediate. The opening I was thinking of has been filled, but if you can drive up and down the town I’m sure you can find places advertising. I know the weather isn’t great so that might not be a great option - I hope other Redditors are able to help you out more!