Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

PierogiPowered t1_j1ro9rl wrote

How much longer will that Carvana dealership last?

Confident_End_3848 t1_j1ruxt1 wrote

Carvana will be lucky to avoid bankruptcy. Their stock is down 98% since August 2021 and their corporate notes are requiring 30% yields to sell.

Powdrtostman t1_j1sqtw2 wrote

Bought my car from Carvana. I had a great experience & it was so much easier than putting up with a dealership. They even gave me more than KBB on my trade. Only issue I ran into was with my registration, the temp tag ran out and registration hadn't been completed, but it ended up being a miscommunication between them and my bank. Carvana even paid for a rental for 2 weeks so I wouldn't be stuck without a vehicle. However, since then I've heard some bad reviews from people I know that went with them.

zeroes_and_ones_ t1_j1ugb16 wrote

I had my temp tags expire twice using Carvana and both times they told me I would just have to wait for my tags in the mail. For the second vehicle, I ended up going to a notary / plate dealer and getting new tags issued for the vehicle because it had been 3 weeks and I needed to use the vehicle.

FlshTuxedoPinkTrpedo t1_j1rsvkx wrote

Half of the lights have been burnt out for weeks on the main sign. Can’t imagine much longer.

thunderGunXprezz t1_j1szahm wrote

Gotta be tough for used car dealers now. I dont have any personal experience with carvana, but my 2 current vehicles were both purchased within a year of eachother from CarSense before they became Carshop. I have no complaints. Both were great deals especially considering used car prices these days. I've looked around just trying to think ahead in case one of ours shits the bed and it's ridiculous how much I'd have to spend just to replace one. They're asking upwards of $5k more than we spent 3 or 4 years ago to literally get the same thing we have now at the same mileage which is around 80k.