Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Krash412 t1_j6ijdxe wrote

My advice may not be a popular opinion with the SO, but my wife and I always celebrate Valentine’s Day on a day other than Valentine’s Day.

Every time we’ve attempted to go out on Valentine’s Day it is busy and loud in most places. Some restaurants also offer a pared down menu, which is less than ideal. After dealing with poor dining experiences for several years, we finally made the decision to avoid going out on that particular day.

CARLEtheCamry t1_j6j3xpj wrote

We always celebrate on March 14th, we use it as our anniversary.

When we started dating, I was between relationships and intentionally didn't start dating until after VDay so I wouldn't get stuck with any expectation of doing (and paying) for some big dinner, flowers, etc. My now wife was totally on board.

That being said, this year Four Twelve Project has a 4 course meal (on FB, and I don't have a link) that we want to check out. We're planning on going Friday the 10th as early as possible to hopefully avoid the busiest time.

James19991 t1_j6ju4h9 wrote

Yeah, it's definitely best to avoid going out to eat on Valentine's Day and the weekend before the "holiday". I know it's the feast day for an actual saint, but the whole thing feels like a farce by card and chocolate companies to make money in between Christmas and Easter.