Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Krash412 t1_j6ijdxe wrote

My advice may not be a popular opinion with the SO, but my wife and I always celebrate Valentine’s Day on a day other than Valentine’s Day.

Every time we’ve attempted to go out on Valentine’s Day it is busy and loud in most places. Some restaurants also offer a pared down menu, which is less than ideal. After dealing with poor dining experiences for several years, we finally made the decision to avoid going out on that particular day.

CARLEtheCamry t1_j6j3xpj wrote

We always celebrate on March 14th, we use it as our anniversary.

When we started dating, I was between relationships and intentionally didn't start dating until after VDay so I wouldn't get stuck with any expectation of doing (and paying) for some big dinner, flowers, etc. My now wife was totally on board.

That being said, this year Four Twelve Project has a 4 course meal (on FB, and I don't have a link) that we want to check out. We're planning on going Friday the 10th as early as possible to hopefully avoid the busiest time.

James19991 t1_j6ju4h9 wrote

Yeah, it's definitely best to avoid going out to eat on Valentine's Day and the weekend before the "holiday". I know it's the feast day for an actual saint, but the whole thing feels like a farce by card and chocolate companies to make money in between Christmas and Easter.

[deleted] t1_j6iqavp wrote

Sheetz 2 for 1 heart shaped fish sandwiches for limited time.

PGHxplant t1_j6j02zq wrote

Get an awesome to go kit from DiAnoia's and a nice bottle of wine. Even the nicest places feel like Mos Eisley Cantina on Valentine's Day (and Mother's Day, for that matter). No better time to stay in.

happyjazzycook t1_j6k2vbu wrote

My husband and I realized many years ago that Valentine's Day is just not for us. Crowded, noisy restaurants, the stupid "price fixe" menu (that often includes only a glass of cheap wine and a forced red rose that has no scent)... honestly, it's just another reason to spend money when you could more wisely go out a few days after (or any time, really) and have a much better time. Cut flowers? Ugh, they die within a few days and are exorbitantly priced at this time of year. Chocolates? Nice thought but I'm still recovering from Christmas. 😂 Now, because February is a crappy month, I do put out a couple of red decorations. He buys me a small box of conversation hearts. I make him a nice dinner with a good bottle of red wine, and coconut rum brownies for dessert. It works for us.

Sea-Operation7215 t1_j6ixopd wrote

You can order a dinner charcuterie box from blanket & board for an at-home date night. It comes with an activity, too.

Cutter70 t1_j6jjrwm wrote

It’s the one day a year that we go to DQ and have burgers and split a sundae.

Chubby-bunny-22 t1_j6l73gy wrote

Threadbare has a fun dinner with heart shaped pizzas, cider, share a desert. 😊

Sunglassesatnight81 t1_j6l91n6 wrote

Just like we do on new years- order something from a local place you love, get cozy in Comfy clothes, get some fancy Alcohol and relax with a good movie. It’s soooo much better than going out

[deleted] t1_j6iy9jg wrote

Best trans restaurant on V.D. Day ? Open to discussion ?

−5