Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

ocdcdo t1_j5rj679 wrote

This will be highly dependent on where in town you end up living. Also, make sure to check the individual office against your insurance as they can vary.

Both those things said, Dr. H Garbon in the north hills McKnight pediatrics practice has been great for both our girls.

Flaapjack t1_j5t8g2p wrote

We love, love, love Dr Parker at bass wolfson in squirrel hill. Dr ahn is great at that practice too.

meresithea t1_j5xyxb0 wrote

All of the docs in this practice are great.

Flaapjack t1_j5yagnv wrote

It’s such a great practice. I wish I could find a PCP practice for me that was as excellent!

meresithea t1_j5yccht wrote

Right?!? We love them so much we stayed with them even after we moved to the ‘burbs. It’s worth the drive in.

RSS24 t1_j5rk5sb wrote

Meredith Kursmark with CCP has been fantastic

captainpocket t1_j5rmpxp wrote

I love pediatric alliance st. Clair. Dr. Laboda is great, and so is Dr. Wang. The practice has mostly female pediatricians. There's at least one man, maybe 2, out of like 9 doctors and one NP.

Key-Most9498 t1_j5riyft wrote

What area of the city? I like Maya Goldin or Amy Gosling with CCP McMurray/Castle Shannon

Great_Bodini OP t1_j5rj45s wrote

We are willing to travel for a good one, so anything within 30 min of downtown

Key-Most9498 t1_j5rjujx wrote

McMurray location may be too far but the Castle Shannon office could work. It's south of the city.

Great_Bodini OP t1_j5rm8vs wrote

Hearing a lot of CCP even outside Reddit, looks like we at least have nailed down a practice/system

Key-Most9498 t1_j5ruzvu wrote

CCP is basically UPMC's network of pediatricians, so they're massive and have locations all over the Burgh. What I like about the McMurray and Castle Shannon offices is that they were, until very recently, an independent practice called Pediatrics South, and their doctors has all been with the practice for many years. Unfortunately they took a huge financial hit during covid and ended up being bought out by CCP/UPMC, but the doctors and staff mostly stayed the same and continued business as usual with a different name.

jjessica20 t1_j5sez6a wrote

Dr. Pam Clair at Arcadia Pediatrics in the north hills is amazing!

Illustrious_Low_4672 t1_j5rzbpl wrote

Jillian Kyle at Shea Medical Center in Shadyside. Takes Blue Cross :)

driving_85 t1_j5swuzw wrote

We had not-great experiences at a CCP practice, so I hesitate to recommend them. Dr. Clair at Pediatric Alliance Arcadia division is fabulous.

ChaosAndMath t1_j5uebas wrote

Highly recommend CCP. Our daughter has been seeing Dr. Lidia Turzai since she was a newborn. When we were at the Childrens Hospital NICU, all the nurses working on the floor said they have their kids go to CCP so that's what we picked, too.

chocobridges t1_j61sy7h wrote

Dr. O'Hallerhan AGH Pediatric Alliance

[deleted] t1_j5rddwy wrote

[deleted]

−7

Great_Bodini OP t1_j5resbh wrote

My wife has had not awesome childhood experiences with her male pediatrician and it brings up some mental health issues with her.

[deleted] t1_j5rkn40 wrote

[deleted]

−29

Great_Bodini OP t1_j5rm4sy wrote

Holy Introspection Batman

[deleted] t1_j5rwg86 wrote

[deleted]

−15

aboutsider t1_j5t9tc3 wrote

Hahaha, that's a really strange, absolutist statement. People make those decisions all the time without even realizing it. Painting them all as bad parents is really ignorant.

And, all else being equal, why does it matter if that's a factor? Do you assume that women are less qualified or that they'd choose a doctor who wasn't qualified just because of their gender? Also, you think the mother should be uncomfortable whenever she takes the child to the appointments? Why wouldn't parental comfort with a physician be a factor in choosing?

sawamander t1_j5rnozm wrote

It is like, a really, really, really, really bad idea to teach a baby to fear male doctors, and this is kind of how that starts. That's a fear that won't be put aside in an emergency and it can make a scary situation for a child much worse.

−7

Great_Bodini OP t1_j5rr9a4 wrote

We aren’t making male doctors wear scary masks around her. I don’t feel like you have a degree in childhood psychology.

sawamander t1_j5rtpfh wrote

I think you can understand how implying they are untrustworthy to her could cause issues if she was in an emergency medical situation in which the attending physician is male. You're unlikely to take what I say into account, but hopefully someone else reading this will, I guess.

−12

aboutsider t1_j5t9698 wrote

Why do you assume that not going to a male doctor would cause fear of male doctors? By your logic, wouldn't the child also develop a fear of female doctors if she didn't go to a female doctor?

Zenith2017 t1_j5zzwsr wrote

Female doctors are more likely to take a female patient's concerns seriously