Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

thereandfatagain t1_j6cbyc3 wrote

My first job in Pittsburgh this nice mild-mannered dude was driving me around tahn showing me the ropes then we took Bigelow and proceeded to pass the Oscar Mayer wiener mobile in the right lane doing 70. That road is a vortex that turns regular Pittsburghers into tormented hellriders.

PoorGuyCrypto t1_j6d3oef wrote

It's long past due to start taking a look at that intersection - and literally every other "five point" intersection with lights on planet earth and do something better.

There also really shouldn't be a highway separating Polish Hill and the Hill District.

d4bbl3z t1_j6d5mp0 wrote

I was thinking the same thing. That's not a small vehicle. I don't know if there's enough space for it to have spun around if it was trying to make the sharp turn from the inbound lane? Real head-scratchee.

Addendum: I drive that way to work. Maybe there are skid marks or something.

FTwo t1_j6d656u wrote

Found On Road Dead

AlfieHitchcock t1_j6d6e6g wrote

Reminds me of that one post from a while back that asked what's with Pittsburgher's driving into things all the time?

tupperwhat t1_j6djmv8 wrote

Yeah and it looks like that car crashed into the entrance to the pedestrian tunnel making it even more difficult to travel between the Hill and Polish Hill. I wonder if they're going to rebuild the pedestrian bridge that got rekt last year or just allow the neighborhoods to continue to sever from one another.

IClight69 t1_j6drk5a wrote

The drama. It’s an accident. They happen in cities everywhere. It’s not news. Pittsburgh is obsessed with petty incidents as news worthy items.

−7

immargarita t1_j6dsmpd wrote

From my experience, 98.9% of pick up truck drivers, drive like aggressive, entitled assholes. They regard nothing and no one and every time one signals, I nearly faint from the shock. One idiot was aggressively cutting people off when my partner was driving, just being so irresponsible and menacing, on one last attempt to cut my partner off, he lost control of his truck, smashed it into a wall and that was the end of his stupid joyride. At least he only smashed his own vehicle and didn't cause damage or harm to others but he certainly could have.

JAK3CAL t1_j6dzcpr wrote

True but not in this particular area, I’ve spent countless hours at this point sitting right there waiting for the light. I actually can’t even figure out how one would get in this position there

chuckie512 t1_j6ek4dl wrote

It's crazy how many people wreck into stationary objects.

Maybe we shouldn't hand out drivers licenses like candy on Halloween.

InevitablePersimmon6 t1_j6eo89g wrote

I got hit by a Big’s Sanitation truck at Bigelow and Herron 13 years ago. It was snowing. I had the green light and was in the right lane, he was in the left lane. I’m coming through the light and he turns hard right to go down Polish Hill. Ripped off the entire front end of my Ford Focus and threw me down the hill. I got knocked out. Woke up to my horn going off and some dude at my window trying to pull the door open. I fucking hate that intersection.