Submitted by rangers1324 t3_10uyj5m in providence

So my girlfriend is allergic to gluten and dairy which kinda sucks and makes going out to eat rough in general. Anyone know any nice places where I could get a reservation for next week that has good options? Thanks for all the help!

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

babyb3ans t1_j7elmkh wrote

Plant City has a lot of good (vegan) gluten-free options. They have a big menu that is very accommodating to different food restrictions.

Heng Thai Rotisserie is also amazing -- any of the rice noodle dishes should be gluten and dairy free! Probably my favorite restaurant in PVD rn.

Xaco Taco uses corn tortillas for their tacos, and they have a non-dairy cashew crema they can substitute for cheese/sour cream! I took my gluten-free sister here the last time she visited and she loved it! This place is definitely a little on the casual side, though.

Hope this helps! 😽

RandomChurn t1_j7fbgts wrote

I have celiac and yes, the struggle is real! 😩

My favorite restaurant is Odinis in East Providence. Portuguese and I get the entree with clams; never had a problem.

Indian food in general has lots of gluten-free options. There tends to be awareness around gluten because gluten sensitivity is high (up to one-quarter of the population, I read somewhere). What you want is a kitchen that understands what gluten is and how important it is to avoid. They get it.

I've eaten at several Indian restaurants -- locally, India on Hope, and the one on Thayer -- and never had a problem.

Good luck ❤️

JeffFromNH t1_j7fw7zm wrote

GF is not an issue for me or my SO, but I will second O'Dinis. It's small and doesn't take reservations, which may be an issue on V Day.

Also, for nearby Indian, I like Not Just Snacks (casual lunch) and Rasoi (nice lunch or dinner).

Both are nearby India, which I also like. Go to India when you can sit outside or for the buffet/brunch.

Business-Impress4792 t1_j7fnvpr wrote

My favorite place as a gf girlie is hands down Blackie’s in Smithfield!!!! Just about everything is available gf and delicious. Great drinks. My non-gf friends love it as well. I’m not dairy free but I know they have dairy free and vegan options as well

Sparkleshart t1_j7fj7ei wrote

Basta in pawtuxet village is amazing, and it was my gluten/dairy free friend who brought me there for the first time. Perfect valentines vibe

Obvious-Sundae1469 t1_j7flksn wrote

Texas Roadhouse

Proof-Variation7005 t1_j7fxto5 wrote

IDK why you're being downvoted. He didn't say a peanut allergy. Plus, nothing more romantic than going up to the display case to pick out your own steaks and then having them switch it out the second you start heading back to the table.

degggendorf t1_j7i6385 wrote

OP did specify "nice places" though. I realize everyone is different, but I don't think most would consider a mass market chain to be a nice place for a Vday dinner.

LauraPalmersMom430 t1_j7fn9cu wrote

Heng Thai or Tori Tomo - bf is also allergic to gluten and dairy and loves these spots

BlushesandGushes t1_j7gnem8 wrote

Do you have the app Find Me Gluten Free? I highly recommend it. For folks like me who have celiac disease, it helps weed out restaurants that are simply offering items that they think are GF, from those that are really good at allergies and avoid contamination.

That said, some highlights are 110 grill, Ten steakhouse and sushi, India. More casual options include Malted Barley (I know the name sounds like a major red flag, but they are excellent at allergies).

JeffFromNH t1_j7fwzev wrote

GF is not an issue for me or my SO, but my favorite celebration restaurant is Los Andes. I believe they have GF options.

I wouldn't go there on the day, since it books up well in advance. If you and your SO can celebrate on another day, I'd go then.

I avoid Valentines Day reservations at all costs, but I have gone to a BYOB place or a nice brewpub (that doesn't take reservations) when it absolutely, positively had to be on Feb 14.

laterbacon t1_j7gce8u wrote

Pianta recently opened on Atwells. They're completely vegan and most of their stuff is also gluten free (it's all clearly marked on the menu)

Dibuje2020 t1_j7gt374 wrote

Second Pianta - my partner is dairy and nut free and loves that she can eat everything on their menu.

laterbacon t1_j7gxinm wrote

their maple sriracha brussels sprouts are outrageously good

BlakeSwag t1_j7gh672 wrote

I’m putting on a music and comedy show at Askew called Love Stories and Other Misfortunes 5:30-7:30pm on Saturday! Not food related but a fun idea for something different.

JeffFromNH t1_j7fyduv wrote

We recently went the Crepe Corner in Pawtuxet Village. All crepes are $2 extra as GF. We didn't opt for GF, but pancakes are one GF food that I prefer over Gluten types. I only use Red's GF pancake mix at home. Their thinner and crisper - which I prefer.

We're planning a trip to Paris, and this was like a short visit there - without speaking French.

ecesarini t1_j7gj0nc wrote

PiANTA and Plant City are both great vegan restaurants with plenty of gluten free options! Massimo on atwells also has a whole gluten free menu but it’s Italian, so may not be as vegan-friendly.

Hdale803 t1_j7gpl3h wrote

Zooma has GF pasta