Submitted by antoniod111 t3_10wgwzv in providence

Hey guys. Anyone know any good 18 and up night clubs around here. Looking for somewhere to be able to dance with a bunch of people. Thank you!

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

mtnstoseaside t1_j7nj37u wrote

Aw this brings me back- we used to go to the Ultra a million years ago. Good times.

Eaatcoast508 t1_j7nh9bt wrote

Colosseum in providence is now 18+

goblint33th t1_j7namtk wrote

have u tried ego? smaller gay club, i liked the atmosphere and music, and on the nights i went it was pretty busy and enjoyable. only been there a few times tho! i think that mezzo might b 18+ as well but I haven’t been.

gameplayuh t1_j7ng1a6 wrote

Please don't go to a gay bar's 18+ night if you're not queer. Edit:I'll agree that non queer people are welcome in American queer spaces when murder rates for queer and non queer are equal, when the US government/courts don't explicitly allow places like adoption agencies to discriminate against queer people, when one of two major political parties isn't explicitly attacking queer people in their discourse and policies, when a queer person can approach a potential partner without fear of a violent response, when members of the supreme court aren't explicitly saying that they want to ban gay marriage, when a major news network doesn't regularly demonize queer people, when companies don't get online backlash for having queer people in movies tv shows ads etc, when bullying/harassment rates between queer and non-queer people are equal, etc etc etc. Not saying non queers should be banned from those spaces, but I am saying they should avoid them. There's plenty of academic empirical peer reviewed research supporting my point if anyone actually wants to get better informed about this (e.g. Boystown. There Goes the Gayborhood).

−11

springwaterh20 t1_j7qg6wi wrote

inclusivity 🥰🥰

gameplayuh t1_j7s64be wrote

The idea that straight people have a right to queer space is a bastardization of inclusivity

springwaterh20 t1_j7sdcvj wrote

the idea that queer people have a right to straight space is a bastardization of inclusivity

see how when I flip the sentence it screams discrimination? it goes both ways.

your bigotry is showing sweetie

−2

gameplayuh t1_j7sfyf4 wrote

No because 1)queers have never oppressed heteros and 2) all "neutral" spaces are always already straight. Inclusivity is about including those who have been excluded... Which again has never been the case for straight people. Not saying there should be an official policy or anything but I do think it makes sense to respect queer spaces. Do you also think that white people should feel entitled to join a college's black student support group? I'm not saying they shouldn't be allowed to but I think you'd be a shitty white person if you did.

springwaterh20 t1_j7shoy6 wrote

there’s enough hatred and discrimination in this world, spread some love my man <3

−1

gameplayuh t1_j7si0r2 wrote

Saying that minority spaces should be respected isn't spreading hate. Those spaces exist in response to discrimination. You say you want to spread love and not hate but you've been obnoxious to me and called me names. Maybe follow your own advice.

−1

springwaterh20 t1_j7sj7l3 wrote

I don’t know why im engaging in this with you, but hey, why not

what names have I called you? you said something clearly discriminatory (maybe you don’t see it? but it was) and I called you out (no name calling was done) you then sat there and typed up a novel, and proceeded to spew even more discrimination all while contradicting your own logic, very impressive if I must add

you have a lot of bottled up hatred in your heart, don’t take it out on me over the internet

CoreyB105 t1_j7nn71m wrote

I don’t know why you’re getting downvoted, there are plenty of places where straight people can go and only a handful of places for LGBTQIA+ folks

goblint33th t1_j7p4svc wrote

I’m 18 and queer, my friends are queer, we go to ego because we’re queer. I was answering the question.

gameplayuh t1_j7s71vq wrote

Never said you or op weren't, but want I still wanted to put the message out there just in case

gameplayuh t1_j7ntjr2 wrote

Exactly, especially since most queer people don't feel comfortable approaching a potential romantic partner outside of queer spaces.

Wonderful_Bother9172 t1_j7rn7yz wrote

There are a bunch of concerts you could go to. The Met has a bit of everything and are all ages. They just posted a kpop dance party.