Submitted by bluecoastblue t3_110w7rp in providence

Just a heads up that Chris D'Elia is performing in town. In case you don't know about D'Elia, a fellow comedian made this documentary that highlights the numerous grooming and sexual assault allegations made against him by women and under-age girls. The allegations are super disturbing, especially when you consider that many are made after he committed to change his ways, but judge for yourself : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBxm0FSKXpM

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

hallopinyo t1_j8bzskf wrote

This dude frickin STINKSSSS

_bettyfelon t1_j8cbhqt wrote

Yikes. That is… a LOT. Of corroboration.

Ended up watching the whole thing. I wonder if the abuse apologists in the thread bothered to?

Perhaps with one allegation, trust - but verify. But with the innumerable reports of the same exact thing? Comeeee ahhhhnnnn. This is the hill these PVD subreddit weirdos wanna die on??

This guy sucks. And yeah, doesn’t seem socially responsible for venues to continue elevating this shithead to positions of power.

degggendorf t1_j8d30eh wrote

>This is the hill these PVD subreddit weirdos wanna die on??

It's bizarre how people come out of the woodwork to go bananas protecting the honor of specifically sex offenders. You don't see them jumping to make sure no one calls them a "sunglasses thief" until they're convicted, but they sure are motivated here. Really makes you wonder (read: worry) about their ulterior motive.

bluecoastblue OP t1_j8efn2y wrote

Apparently Spotify deleted his interview with Rogan. Netflix dropped a project they were working on with him because they were made aware of these allegations. Even his own tour manager quit (see video) but venues all around the country keep hosting this creep. Many of these venues are tax-payer funded so our tax dollars are enabling this. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/24/arts/television/netflix-chris-delia.html

Low-Medical t1_j8fspzn wrote

“weirdos” is the right word for them. And they’re tossing around “woke” and “SJW” in reference to the people criticizing this guy! It’s fucking bizarre

psy-ducks t1_j8c8cd6 wrote

The place he's performing is the Vets, if anyone wants to let them know what they think of them paying alleged groomers to visit our city.

Alarmed_Nebula3917 t1_j8dccg9 wrote

That’s not how that works, him or his people pay to book the theater, then whatever tickets get sold the performer gets

−11

nbreadcrumb t1_j8dturr wrote

Not necessarily. They have an agreement where they probably split box office, merchandise etc. No matter the agreement, The Vets can absolutely not have booked him in the first place.

nbreadcrumb t1_j8dtj62 wrote

His TikTok is all videos of his son, so he can show how good of a father he is. I smell that PR bullshit from a mile away. He also deletes all the negative comments because dude has nothing better to do.

kbd77 t1_j8bhyzb wrote

I went to high school with a guy named Chris D’Elia who’s from Providence, what are the odds

sophware t1_j8dvftf wrote

I could only get 6 minutes into that video. It took that long for it to start to maybe kinda do right by the victims. If I were one of them, I'd be horrified. I'm guessing Chris should be in jail. If the case made against him in the suit mentioned at the beginning was like this video, then that's why the suit failed.

If you care and know the deal, there are good and effective ways to go about doing something about it. I don't know the details. If I did, I'd present them in a way that didn't seem like a slimy hit job. How about a petition to PPAC/ The Vet with quotes and sources like links to good journalism?

Even a link to better parts of the video, assuming they exist.

Disgusting all around. I gotta shower that video off of me, and not just because of Chris.

radioflea t1_j8et84u wrote

I knew something was up with him four years ago when he specifically scrubbed a joke I wrote from another platform. You can’t be that outlandish and have thin skin.

It’s unbelievable how desperate some male comics are. Especially ones that are being so idolized on social media.

Wide_Television_7074 t1_j91xrzt wrote

why is this a “providence problem” — don’t buy tickets

[deleted] t1_j8bistd wrote

[deleted]

−5

bluecoastblue OP t1_j8bnotw wrote

You're right. It's up to everyone to make their own judgement about the 30+ allegations

[deleted] t1_j8boidh wrote

[deleted]

−13

LionMcTastic t1_j8bsr07 wrote

You seem confused about what a theologian is. Or maybe you're just generally this confused

Direct_Reputation_98 t1_j8bo1x6 wrote

So, I don’t have a dog in the fight in this, but back in college we had one of those “God Hates Gays” group come into our campus. There was a huge buzz about it, but someone suggested not protesting or showing up because honestly, getting notoriety IS the thing they want.

If this guy is as horrible as he say he is, don’t give him the extra attention.

−39

vegemouse t1_j8bpjvr wrote

That might be the case for some right wingers who try and provoke counter protests, but I don’t get why a guy with his history would want people to come and give him negative attention.

Direct_Reputation_98 t1_j8bsvu6 wrote

I totally get that, but I think, what I mean is, why give this guy any sort of attention. Let him just fizzle out with no one talking about him so that even when you type him his name in Google he’s so irrelevant it doesn’t even pop-up.

−15

ConquestOfPizzaTime t1_j8bu2mt wrote

letting them fizzle actually encourages them by making them think it's acceptable since there's no pushback. it ends up having the opposite effect

Direct_Reputation_98 t1_j8by9vg wrote

Yeah I can see that, I don’t have any ideas about what to do in this situation. Just something I have seen in the past.

allhailthehale t1_j8d34jx wrote

Those people wanted attention. This guy already has attention, because he's reasonably successful. What this guy wants to sell tickets, and presumably not just to the 'grooming teen girls is fine' crowd.

Two different things.

[deleted] t1_j8cc3ng wrote

[removed]

−40

allhailthehale t1_j8d2qdp wrote

You've posted like a dozen times in this discussion.

It seems like you're the one who doesn't have anything better to do besides carry water for some dude who has a mountain of evidence saying he's a total creep and predator.

Why do you care whether people are looking at the evidence against him? Why is it so important to you that no one talks about this guy? This weird resistance to talking about it is how sexual predators operate.

[deleted] t1_j8cc7mo wrote

[removed]

−26

sc00p401 t1_j8dp116 wrote

Providence, and everything in general, would suck a lot less if you weren't a grown adult acting like a pre-teen. (Yes I'm making an assumption here)

idkmybffphill t1_j8cvvb0 wrote

This guys been getting big om Netflix. How true can this be if Netflix hasn't canceled him given their heavy involvement on a woke, lgbt, and female driven empowering stance?

−40

degggendorf t1_j8d40k5 wrote

NYT: "Netflix Dropped Chris D’Elia Show After Sexual Misconduct Allegations"

Which concludes with:

> Other streaming platforms have pulled content with Mr. D’Elia. Hulu, Amazon Prime Video and Comedy Central are no longer hosting an episode of the comedy show “Workaholics” in which Mr. D’Elia plays a child abuser. Mr. D’Elia’s comedy special from 2013 is also no longer available on Comedy Central’s website.

idkmybffphill t1_j8d6u3t wrote

Oh wow, didn't see/know that. I haven't watched him but feel like I recently saw him as a netflix option lol. Guess that was further back than I thought

Indy_420 t1_j8c1qr5 wrote

I wonder how many of these comments got deleted because it hurt some ones feelings. Aka the weak minded, go ahead protest this comedian now that I know the melting flakes hate him I might just buy some tickets thanks for helping me support a funny comedian I had no idea was coming to pvd. Canceling someone from allegations never proven correct. sad. This is how innocent people are hurt from the woke elite judging everyone from their ivory towers with no proof but some documentary made to make money off some ones else's success.

−42

Low-Medical t1_j8fs9pn wrote

wait… can you clarify what you mean by “woke” in this context?

SaltyNewEnglandCop t1_j8bjq79 wrote

OJ was alleged to have killed his wife.

Found not guilty.

Allegations without conviction mean nothing.

−117

thehillshaveI t1_j8c3us1 wrote

ok but he did kill his wife so i really don't think your analogy is doing what you think it is

_bettyfelon t1_j8cc27l wrote

“You keep using this comparison…. I do not think it conveys what you think it conveys.”

degggendorf t1_j8c1mzg wrote

We're people (not) buying tickets to a show, we're not a court of law. There's no due process clause for forming a personal opinion.

But it does seem telling how some people jump up so eagerly to protect sex offenders....

MajorDrGhastly t1_j8c469h wrote

well, he is literally not a sex offender without a conviction, but otherwise you are correct.

−29

degggendorf t1_j8c4cy7 wrote

Anyone who has committed a sex offense is a sex offender whether they've been caught or not.

MajorDrGhastly t1_j8cbu1y wrote

its literally a legal term used to describe some one who has been convicted of an illegal sexual act. but go off sis.

−12

vegemouse t1_j8bpaok wrote

Allegations coming from dozens of people independently sure paints a picture though.

ConquestOfPizzaTime t1_j8btxgc wrote

it's almost like a multitude of allegations establishes a pattern

SaltyNewEnglandCop t1_j8buhgm wrote

And has anyone pursued legal action? Means nothing unless someone does.

−42

ConquestOfPizzaTime t1_j8bxx59 wrote

written like a true cop. go protect dunkin, barney

SaltyNewEnglandCop t1_j8by7a0 wrote

For what? Following criminal procedure?

Or would you like people to be able to be arrested without a complainant, purely based of speculation?

Or do you think the 6th Amendment doesn’t belong?

−23

ConquestOfPizzaTime t1_j8byh0d wrote

no I think clearly-shitty people should be fucked with and made pariahs. again, your corkscrew tail is showing

SaltyNewEnglandCop t1_j8bz1ra wrote

And what if they’re all lies?

A stampede of accusations started due to someone’s spurned incident?

How about the US Federal lawsuit that was filed and withdrawn; without settlement, all in the time span of a month?

Obviously if that person was a victim of a crime with such patterns, why didn’t they pursue their case?

Don’t you think maybe, if any of this was true in todays age, someone would start an investigation against him?

The fact it hasn’t happened makes me think it’s not as true as it’s being made to be.

−3

ConquestOfPizzaTime t1_j8bz64u wrote

statistically, no it's not at all probable that even a significant portion are false. go to bed, pig

SaltyNewEnglandCop t1_j8c0h5w wrote

You’re wording sucked, but I get your point.

Here’s my point, they might as well all be false due to the fact no one has filed a complaint or lawsuit, which would require them to show evidence or provide testimony.

Anyone could make this allegation falsely and have no skin in the game. Since no one is willing to do any of the above mentioned steps, then it’s moot. It doesn’t count.

ConquestOfPizzaTime t1_j8c0p7a wrote

cool, I don't care about you vouching for a lazy and illegitimate system with no understanding of why people don't bring charges or come out with allegations in a timely manner. actually, as a jackboot you'd probably know a lot about that

[deleted] t1_j8ccehs wrote

[removed]

−9

Dinosquid t1_j8ehe8a wrote

Just a cop holding water for a child rapist. No surprise here.

SaltyNewEnglandCop t1_j8fyc6h wrote

Has it been proven?

Seems like a rush of judgement in the court of public opinion.

Dinosquid t1_j8g5r7w wrote

Go take a pic with The Kid Fucker tonight at the comedy club, bro. Tell him how cool you think it is he got away with fucking kids for so long!

ryanfingawesome t1_j8ennek wrote

ah yes, an investigation. like the thousands of rape kits that go untested or unfollowed up on? because the system relies on garbage like you?

SaltyNewEnglandCop t1_j8fymaw wrote

Ah yes, the untested kits that sit at the DOH who have no connection to any police department and are a separate entity.

Oh, and the state of Rhode Island doesnt have thousands of backlogged rape kits. As a matter of fact, we have none.