Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Alarmed_Nebula3917 t1_j8kea6w wrote

Fr I see the line around the dispensary and I think all those people must not know anyone and are forced to buy from there

HotTub2018 t1_j8srxej wrote

My buddy is from Peru and he doesn’t like buying weed from the streets due to ties with the drug trade and cartels. He kinda sees it as the weed has blood on it. So he’s a little more comfortable with dispensary bud because he knows it comes from a more ethical source

Alarmed_Nebula3917 t1_j8st8i5 wrote

I’m sure that’s true in some places but I’m fairly sure 90% of the buds around ri are grown in ri or mass, I know a lot of people that get it rite from the garden, 100% sure it’s the same stuff in the dispensary and then some even better weed they keep for friends and family only, plus the dispensary be fucking over their plugs, offering basically half of what it’s worth, not paying for it until it all sells out, and jacking the price in the store

HotTub2018 t1_j8sx6es wrote

Yeah that’s true. can’t believe they charge so much. I don’t know if future generations will believe how little we paid for bud and how we got it before these stores popped up lol.

interesting thing tho, the prices have dropped a lot over the past year. https://www.boston.com/news/business/2022/12/13/cannabis-prices-recreational-massachusetts-plummet-dispensary-owners-future/?amp=1

Alarmed_Nebula3917 t1_j8t9l4y wrote

Yea it’s crazy how the law has changed, like I know people that went to jail for weed charges now the state is getting money from weed sales

Chance_Bad_7437 t1_j8sx13p wrote

That's what happens when the market gets over saturated. High supply, low demand, lower prices.