Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

listen_youse t1_j8u46fi wrote

The Macy's elevator in the garage ride to the top level walk out and you're there

aKnowing t1_j8wprrx wrote

“I’m super claustrophobic”

“Sooo you’re gonna wanna use the elevator”

listen_youse t1_j8xeatd wrote

Yeah, I thought about that. Guess OP can decide whats worse. Quck elevator ride or indefinite rambling through the labyrinth.

aKnowing t1_j8yxj6t wrote

Yeah you’re right it’s not bad advice I just thought it was funny

GotenRocko t1_j8woiba wrote

the most unknown thing about the mall, the macy's elevator is like 4 times faster than the main ones. IDK why the main ones are so slow.

Proof-Variation7005 t1_j8u2loc wrote

go up till you can't go up no more. the boscov's side is my go-to since it seems to be less full usually.

SnarkAnthony t1_j8u9ziw wrote

Years ago, I used to always park up at the top (Floor 3, Macy's side), so I didn't have to deal with mall people. But now floor 3 is almost always full.

You can cheat and just park at floor 2.5, but you still have to deal with driving round and round in that labyrinth of a parking garage (which keeps changing every few years).

Now I just park somewhere around P3 or Floor 1 (whichever will get me closest to the door), and then I'll just take the stairs right by the entrance doors all the way up. I find it the best way to avoid dealing with mall traffic. And afterwards, you avoid waiting in a long line to get out of the garage.

SnarkAnthony t1_j8uanvk wrote

It's probably worth pointing out that there is no direct route to the movie theater.

No matter where you park, you will have to walk through the food court (the most obnoxious part of the mall) and take the escalator up. Sorry.

iandavid t1_j8vfnpi wrote

When the mall first opened there was a service entrance to the food court from the top level of the garage on the Macy’s side. Too many people must’ve caught onto its existence, because it’s gone now.

Proof-Variation7005 t1_j8wvgzf wrote

i still remember the disappointment the first time i tried and it wasn't accessible.

CurveMassive OP t1_j8ux3nb wrote

Thanks this was all really helpful! For me it’s the fact that the mall is split and navigating it is a nightmare. I just need to feel like I know how to get back to my car. Parking on the roof on the north side near boscov’s is the key!

Jalil29 t1_j8vimwq wrote

How far or long is it by bicycle if you can commute to it?

Seems like going by the spin boundary limits it seems to be appropriately 30 minutes from the movies assuming your within Providence.

I imagine for a phobia, you might want to avoid the situation, (but cheaper parking at least?)

Alarmed_Nebula3917 t1_j8u8obn wrote

I park in the sate house parking lot if it’s the weekend or after 7

PipeLayer2016 t1_j8ueyqv wrote

Go in the garage and drive all the ways to the top, where there is no roof over your head, a nice breeze, and views of the city.

iandavid t1_j8vfgqe wrote

This only works on the Boscov’s side. On the Macy’s side, the movie theater is above the top level.

listen_youse t1_j8xfd5i wrote

Also, you can walk from and to a parking spot a mile away from the mall in less time than it sometimes takes to maneuver through that garage.

Also, if you live near a bus and a bus is not too claustrophobic...

strombolone t1_j8ubhg7 wrote

If you enter through the Promenade Street entrance you’ll be on the right side of the garage. Otherwise, you’ll have to get to the P2 level to cross.

KennyWuKanYuen t1_j8wjgfx wrote

Top levels of the garage. North and south sides.

The layout isn’t too bad once you memorise it and floor it. When you’re going up, you’re literally just going to keep right and circle upwards.

SonoSnappy t1_j8xuz3i wrote

Don’t park at the mall….

wl6202a t1_j8yjntx wrote

After hours and weekends you can park at the statehouse for free. Then you get a nice lil walk before getting to the mall

lateroundpick t1_j8w44s9 wrote

Park on Harris Ave outside of mall if you can.

WetNetBet t1_j8u4y8u wrote

Wait til you go inside the movie theater, your claustrophobia will really be triggered . Lol

−4