Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Molecular_Pizza t1_j97i1rl wrote

Anyone know why they decided to close? This place was really popular.

Competitive-Ad-5153 t1_j97wrl0 wrote

Not surprised, TBH. Food was good, but the whole "we don't do takeout" mantra ruins things. Second time I went I never got my order (left after waiting 45 minutes). Most recently over last summer it was decent, but not noteworthy.

BRAD-is-RAD t1_j9bdgwj wrote

A lot of ramen places don’t do takeout because the quality of the meal (noodles specifically) changes so much when not served fresh

Competitive-Ad-5153 t1_j9behik wrote

Understood, and that's what they told me when I first called to get takeout several years ago. Unfortunately, they wouldn't let the customer decide if it was worth it or not, and instead chose to limit their business to dine-in only. I ponder if there would be that much deterioration of the noodles if they put them in a separate container from the broth as Wara-Wara does.

FabulousTiger t1_j9bk2m3 wrote

Oh, interesting! I got takeout from them about 3 weeks ago. I guess they changed their policy.

lightningbolt1987 t1_j97us98 wrote

Didn’t RC Ramen close too (looks shuttered on the outside)? Does this just leave pickerel?

thebigbluebug t1_j986okp wrote

There's Tori Tomo downcity, Wara Wara on the East Side, and an Ebisu location in East Prov

bpear t1_j98ytnz wrote

And y noodle in the west end

Shredl0ck t1_j98hqs6 wrote

Come visit my man Yoshi at RC! They’re open and business is booming. If you remember Ken’s ramen, he was there basically running the place. Top ramen spot in NE for me personally.

FourAM t1_j98iyp8 wrote

I remember Ken’s and nothing came close (edit: I haven’t been to RC yet!)

FriendlyVermicelli25 t1_j98wy9v wrote

Last time I was there, the host said it would be 15 minutes for a table but if he were me he wouldn't wait. Very bizarre. I ended up being sat after 5 minutes.

waninggib t1_j9a53uv wrote

Real talk though, why can nothing ever stay in that little plaza?

SquatC0bbler t1_j97n9r9 wrote

NOOOOOOOO there goes my ramen spot!

Previous_Floor t1_j97g4ii wrote

A devastating loss for the community.