Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Diligent-Pizza8128 t1_jc5c5wu wrote

The ones you’ve been to are among the best options in Providence. Revival and Providence Brewing are other options that are both okay.

If you’re willing to venture one city over, Buttonwoods and Origin Beer Project are quite good.

It’s not a brewery, but Bayberry Beer Hall has an excellent craft selection.

zhendo87 t1_jc7hlyr wrote

This is a great list! If willing to make a bit of a trip, Tilted Barn is excellent as well.

Diligent-Pizza8128 t1_jc7icv2 wrote

Totally agree! I didn't include Tilted Barn since it's about 30 minutes drive from Providence. But it's for sure one of my favorite RI breweries.

jstockdi t1_jc5as0k wrote

Tilted Barn Brewery - great beer made by people with love

Evdoggydog15 t1_jc5fhtt wrote

You've hit the good ones in Prov..close by are Smug, Buttonwoods and Proclamation

iainvention t1_jc5kxfg wrote

Revival and PVDBC are next door to each other, and across the street from a distillery, if that fits your plan. Also, the pizza at Revival is stellar.

huh_phd t1_jc5an0m wrote

Whalers is fun

kbd77 t1_jc65j2w wrote

Check out the Guild and Smug just over the Pawtucket line

leonpinneaple t1_jc67i9h wrote

If you are willing to drive a bit from PVD: Pivotal Brewing Co. in Bristol, Tilted Barn in Exeter, Anne Whalers in Wakefield are all great choices.

Hdale803 t1_jc69uo1 wrote

Proclamation - technically in Warwick but maybe 10 minutes away from PVD.

listen_youse t1_jc6vyso wrote

In nice weather the outdoor scenery at Ragged Island in Portsmouth is unbeatable. The #60 West Main bus goes right to it.

bungocheese t1_jc6af8q wrote

Echoing proclamation, buttonwoods, origin, tilted barn if you're up for a ride. lops in Woonsocket I've heard has been pretty good lately

CthulhuAlmighty t1_jc6kbmz wrote

Proclamation Brewery over by the airport in Warwick is good. Apponaug Brewery in Warwick is by the mall and has a great outdoor scene by the river in the Summer.

Swim6610 t1_jc70057 wrote

Long Live is by far the best. Proclamation has been getting progressively worse. Tilted Barn is good, but nothing is great. Pivotal is solid, and there is the coffee place and "distillery" craft cocktail place right there so its a good mixed group place. Rejects is hit or miss, but they get some good "hits". Buttonwoods / Origin are decent. Some good stuff, some underwhelming, Buttonwoods have become quite up and down. The Pawtucket breweries are across the board underwhelming. Twelve Guns and Six Pack are passes as well.

charlottegirl3 t1_jc88ba1 wrote

Don’t sleep on foolproof in Pawtucket. Their beers are better than they’ve ever been.