Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

NessMcNesserson t1_jebtymh wrote

Rhode island only has beer at our liquor stores, first time I saw beer at a gas station I was confused as hell haha. Reyes on Westminster is my home store, good variety and about a mile from downtown. If you're on the north side of town there's a decent liquor store in the same plaza as a whole foods on north main. If you're on the east side, east side marketplace is a good grocery store and it's right off the bike path off gano st.

zebrawithflowers t1_jebuc1f wrote

Since your last stay, Rory's (grocery store) opened up on Washington Street, and I love Eno on Westminster for wine and beer.

Have a wonderful stay!

stand-up-tragedy t1_jec1i0c wrote

2nding Eno if you’re downtown but also adding Federal Hill Wine and Spirits on Atwells, possibly a more diverse selection of … cheaper … options there. Reyes is my home spot too but is definitely not worth a 2 mile walk there and back. Not sure the business you’re in, and hence the budget, but I’d take the client to Kin.

Illustrious-Elk3509 t1_jecchwr wrote

Ellie’s is an amazing cafe downtown highly recommend also Rosalina’s, Durks BBQ, and Oberlin are fantastic for dinner. Rory’s just opened it’s a grocery store and cafe also I recommend Serendipity Gourmet they have a small grocery selection and a great lunch buffet enjoy your stay!

NTSTwitch t1_jecm8zs wrote

Hi! I don’t know if I can post links here but there’s a Rhode Island local who has a blog that lets you filter restaurants by city and “vibe” that you’re going for. Buns and bites dot com. Just select Providence and then you can filter by occasion or food type. She has a lot of great recommendations, you won’t be disappointed.

rc_sneex t1_jedjg5r wrote

Bump for Rory’s and Eno…

but there are also some excellent breweries in town that are worth a trip and sell beer to go. Moniker, Long Live, and Narragansett (seriously; this is not your father’s Gansett) are all in town and either walkable or a short Uber; Buttonwoods and Origin share a space about 10 minutes south in Cranston; Proclamation is down by the airport in Warwick. L

rc_sneex t1_jedjvhh wrote

Food-wise; I’m a big fan of Sarto, Pane e Vino, The George, and Circe for business meals. Circe can have a bit of a “finance bro” vibe at the bar, which may or may not be a good thing for your meeting.

The Eddy, Red Door, and Lucky Enough are all bars with excellent drinks and really good food and would be my choices if I was traveling for business and eating solo - along with Murphy’s (who’s got a great French Dip and a solid beer selection). Gracie’s is probably our only “traditional fine dining” place, but New Rivers and Persimmon are every bit as good food-wise, just a bit more casual… but Providence is super casual anyway, as you’ve probably found.

AhChingados t1_jedre0s wrote

I’m a fan of The George on Washington. Good food and the vibe is the right one for business.

RandomChurn t1_jee4642 wrote

CAV is a most unique restaurant downtown / jewelry district with excellent food and antiques!

Started by a visionary, artsy Egyptian woman and carried on by her offspring. I performed there several times in its early years; I hear they still have live jazz some nights.

BingBong022 t1_jeeyh9d wrote

Jam some hot weiners and coffee milk my guy Bet

Dances_With_Cheese t1_jef1dj3 wrote

Depending on where you’re staying, Trader Joe’s for groceries, Bin32 for Beer/Wine and Dave’s for coffee. All right on the same street.