Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Gnarpif t1_iro7fmn wrote

For some reason, the ports-John's mention seems negative

tads73 OP t1_iro7qc1 wrote

Oysters and beer shits

−33

DrowningInFeces t1_irp5wrc wrote

I eat oysters all the time and they've never given me the shits. Also, most people don't drink a few beers and immediately need to shit themselves. If you have that issue, you should check in with your proctologist, bud.

tads73 OP t1_irpcjm4 wrote

I will do that the next time I never eat oysters.

−16

FCKSQUATCH t1_is9t7eo wrote

So how is it that you assume everyone else gets a tummy ache like you when they eat oysters?

orm518 t1_irq0lto wrote

This is a problem with your digestive system, bud. The number of oysters I’ve consumed with booze could choke an elephant and I managed fine.

Maybe try some fiber.

joey-lifts t1_iro6b9c wrote

Looks like a great time! You should have checked it out OP

tads73 OP t1_iro75qw wrote

I was there.

−16

Simple-Swimming14 t1_iroj703 wrote

So what you're telling us is that you can't handle liquor and seafood and you almost shit your pants?

tads73 OP t1_irsqsbk wrote

I'm saying, when using a portajohn, never look down.

tokyoxplant t1_irp022b wrote

Is there a list I can join to get notified of events like this? TIA.

ScatmanJohnMcEnroe t1_irp6rj6 wrote

I bought tickets for this in advance and bailed after 30+ minutes in the line to get in, not having made it past the halfway point.

jay--mac t1_irphd0c wrote

This event was seriously insanely badly organized. It's like the people who put it on had never put on an event before ever.

Oysters and farmers were lovely. Event staff was beyond useless.

ScatmanJohnMcEnroe t1_irpk3dp wrote

Everyone already inside looked like they were having a blast! But when you spend a half-hour plus inching towards a sign saying you'll soon get to pay $8 for a beer...

jay--mac t1_irpl1lw wrote

I was amazed they didn't bother with a priority line for those of us who bought tickets in advance. Apparently the only way to get more oyster/beer/wine (for some reason, also, three different kinds of tickets?) was to get back in the 45 minute line. 🤦‍♂️

BaDaBen t1_irqgixw wrote

There was a shorter line if you already had a wristband. It was on the side of the tickets tent. I guess a sign or two would have helped.

radioflea t1_irrgjia wrote

Same thing happened with the Washington Fair this year, everyone apparently has forgot how to put on events after a two year hiatus.

winter-14 t1_irpbvjm wrote

That sounds like a legitimate complaint.

frenetix t1_irsgzag wrote

These types of events are almost always a shit-show: pay a bunch of money to stand in long lines full of other people who are pissed off at having spent a bunch of money to stand in a long line.

WetNetBet t1_iromntd wrote

They ran out of oysters by 5:00

SuperJackpot t1_irrjq9c wrote

How old is the phone that took this photo?

tads73 OP t1_irs61ak wrote

Samsung 2 years from release, it's on a zoom which always sucks.

SuperJackpot t1_irsgx6p wrote

This must be before they started putting the zoom cams in the Galaxys. My Ultra 21 has an optical 10x zoom and its pretty mind blowing.

silverhammer96 t1_irpjra7 wrote

Kinda unfortunate it took place practically right in front of Plant City, a vegan restaurant.

−17

orm518 t1_irq0pk2 wrote

It took place in a public park. Vegans aren’t entitled to a buffer zone.

silverhammer96 t1_irqrtbv wrote

I wasn’t saying that, why does Reddit always jump to anger?

−8

mrvis t1_irrblvz wrote

You didn't say why it was unfortunate so people are filling in the gaps, uncharitably.

orm518 t1_irrdqyy wrote

Ok, so what did you mean? It was a weird comment either way.

Simple-Swimming14 t1_irth50e wrote

That festival has been held there for years long before that restaurant existed. There also a few other restaurants in that same section of buildings. But go off.......