Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

sbaz86 t1_irxyic6 wrote

Ummm, this is false depending on the state. In Rhode Island, you 1,000% need a license, even for low voltage.

FastToday t1_iry4m4f wrote

FiOS installers, coax installers, phone installers are not electricians. Source, I'm a journeyman electrician

sbaz86 t1_iry8bok wrote

They may not be “electricians” by your definition, but in my union, they are my brothers and they are electricians. Also, Verizon (also IBEW) and all them aren’t licensed? You sure about that? Yes, they do not have the license you have, but they still have a license. I hire these people bud.

FastToday t1_iry9n1i wrote

Ok this conversation is going off the rails. I was simply pointing out to OP you do not need to hire an electrician (as stated in the title) to run a coax cable. Sorry if I offended you

[deleted] t1_irydyxc wrote

[removed]

−12

FastToday t1_irygtdq wrote

Ok you are 11 lol

sbaz86 t1_iryhpz9 wrote

At 11 it’s obvious I’m still wiser than you. At least I know what my license covers and don’t give away my livelihood.

−6

dionidium t1_is5zr15 wrote

> You are a licensed professional and yet you are just giving away our work saying false shit, fuck is wrong with you?

Just so everybody is clear, it's totally fine to run your own data cables. It's not dangerous. The licensing is just a protection racket, as this comment demonstrates.

sbaz86 t1_is65o8v wrote

Every license is for protection, okay? Yes, you are right. If you do it yourself, you have full liability for anything that goes wrong. If you hire a professional, they should have insurance and you are covered. Regardless, the truth remains, a license is required by law, no gray area. Physically, yes you can do it. Again for the last time, he is a licensed electrician giving away our work.

sbaz86 t1_iry7xzf wrote

I’m a journeyman electrician too, RI and MA with a contractors license. Why don’t you just ask Anthony Greco then if you don’t believe me.

−2

dionidium t1_is5yci0 wrote

I can't imagine anything more cucked than not running a low-voltage wire in your own house because you're worried about the licensing. Just do it. There's no danger. The licensing is a protection racket.

sbaz86 t1_is64uow wrote

I’m not disagreeing with you, but from a licensed electrician ONE it was correct information and TWO he was giving away our work. You would never find a plumber telling you to run your own vent, ever.