Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Human-Mechanic-3818 t1_j0yksho wrote

Y’all acting like it’s a hairpin corner on the Nurburgring. It’s an extremely gradual long sweeping turn. The amount of scared drivers in this post is concerning.

captainastryd t1_j0yqxuj wrote

Stats are stats bud. It’s one of the most dangerous stretches of highway in the state.

ParkyMalarkey OP t1_j0zkivv wrote

Can’t argue statistics lol. Doesn’t matter what it was like the times you drove through. If it wasn’t a dangerous stretch of road and it was so easy everybody could do it no problem, I wouldn’t be here making this post about this corner.

Seems easy

Can still be easy

Can still get you killed on your way to or from your house.

degggendorf t1_j0yv3qe wrote

Oh is that published somewhere? That would be interesting to read.

ParkyMalarkey OP t1_j0zo0sy wrote

It’s not that sharp I agree. In the right car you could easily go through that whole stretch of road averaging 130mph.

People are still totaling their cars and dying at 60mph on it though.

brick1972 t1_j0zp6us wrote

It's not the grade of the turn, it's that it is blind to the traffic that forms as a result of the Thurbers exit and then the Thurbers/195 mixer. In this particular case that sounds like it wasn't the case but generally speaking this is the bigger problem.

bungocheese t1_j11y7dw wrote

Oof I remember being young and dumb seeing how fast I could get through on my Subaru at 18y/o. 115 or so was the highest I was stupid enough to try.

Proper_Boss523 t1_j11vd48 wrote

i drive it every day to and from work. i don't find it scary at all.

ParkyMalarkey OP t1_j136a4f wrote

I look forward to driving through it because I find it engaging and fun. But I’ve also seen some crazy shit happen on that highway that can raise your heart bpm pretty quickly.