Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Creative_Recover t1_jef2ui9 wrote

Dude, she's just not into videogames. And I think you need to accept that than continually trying to incorporate them into your relationship together.

You shouldn't need to give up videogames, but if you play them so much it leaves no actual time for any quality time in your relationship together, then you have a problem with videogame additction. Videogame time should completely not replace date or down time together nor interfere with your sex life.

If you don't have time to meet the basic needs of a relationship because of the extent to which you play videogames, then you need to be realistic about this. Your GF is telling you that she's not into games but you are ignoring that because you don't want to cut down on any of your game time for her. Will your GF always come 2nd to your full-time videogame schedule?

You aren't really meeting half way for her at all if your version of meeting half way is to try to make her play games with you (and you won't accept anything else other than some version of that). How about you agree to playing videogames a little less and doing something IRL with her once or twice a weel? Because this is what she needs (and it's not a tall ask).

ThrowRA_KindSoul OP t1_jef4bez wrote

I agree she doesn't seem to want to be a part of this. At the same time though I'm literally her only outlet socially. Sometimes she talks to her Mom but that's about it. I feel like it's unbalanced in that regard. I never consumed myself every day completely. I do nearly all the cooking, have a meal ready for her and we sit down and talk about the day. And even on the days I stream / play games there is always 1-2 hours (sitting down for a meal) in between.

Creative_Recover t1_jef56ou wrote

Her playing games in your community isn't the sort of social contact she needs though. Whilst this might be enough for you, for many people it is not. You also need more than just meal time together. When was the last time you went out on a date, like going to a theme park or zoo together?

You do sound very caring, but do you think your GF might be suffering from depression? It's not healthy for someone to be so socially isolated and un-engaged with life. Does your GF work? Does she have any interests?