Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Unl0vableDarkness t1_jefpgkw wrote

You pay the rent. You have every right to work where you want. Heck you can work hanging upside down from your light fitting in the bathroom naked if it so pleases you to do so.

As for the other issues. Your BiL and MiL have to go asap. You haven't got a marriage with them living there, especially the BiL living there rent free. He's using amenities and food that you're paying for, money you should be putting away for your future. If your husband doesn't see this you've got to assume he doesn't see one. Why would anyone want their brother permanently living with them and their wife? It's incomprehensible.

The way your husband acted was out of order and you probably don't need me to tell you you were BOTH out of line for being abusive.

You both need to sit down and agree to get these parasites out of your home. Or you need to leave and find a guy who will treat you with respect and who wants to spend his time with you and you alone. (When in the marital home)

maybeimbonkers t1_jefssb5 wrote

My husband doesn't realize and will not accept his brother in law is causing issues.

I don't condone my behavior in the least. But I will say that I warned him many times to give me back my laptop. I felt very triggered that he took my laptop and was trying to act like I was the one at fault. He got mad that I was trying to take my laptop back. I told him it's completely unacceptable that he's acting this way and he laughed that I was calling him unacceptable after what I'm doing. Basically all this pushed me to what I did. Again, I know I am wrong. But I'm providing context for my actions.

DefDemi t1_jefvi4n wrote

You need to leave. This is not a life - they are all using you. You are not a doormat or a maid. Please pack your things and go to your parents, friends , siblings etc. YOU ARE BEING ABUSED AND USED.