Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

dancing_chinese_kid t1_iujnxj4 wrote

"Enough" is the amount that keeps everyone involved happy.

Could be 1x/day, 1x/week, 1x/month, or 1x/year.

Never compare your relationship or sex life to anyone else's. Seek joy with your partner.

Xamrin1001 t1_iujnh8l wrote

2-3 times is okayish. For me it ranges from sometimes not at all a week to maybe 7-10 times a week.

Depends upon your work schedule and how busy you are with your career as it’s a starting point of your life after college ig.

According_Ad6364 t1_iujv5yx wrote

We’re early 30s and have sex about 4-5 times a week on average. He could probably be okay with less, but I have a high sex drive so we try to go as close to 1x a day as we can. I think it’s different for everyone like others have said.

cawingcrowcaw t1_iujt3jn wrote

Jeez all these comments making me feel bad. Lol. We only have sex maybe once in a blue moon. We have three young children though and we both work and we are just too tired.

ChemicalCourt t1_iujnk3l wrote

Depends on the couple and situation?

I (27f) and my husband (37m) have sex maybe 1-2 times (not counting a few rounds if he's frisky) but only on the weekends due to work.

Healthy_Sky1362 t1_iujnrw5 wrote

And are you both happy with that arrangement?

ChemicalCourt t1_iujo31g wrote

Yup. Maybe he wants more sex while I don't know(I'm asexual) but I want to make him happy lol So if he's feeling up to it I consent to it about 85% of the time. I do sometimes say no.. but we try not to do it on weekdays because he seems to be more exhausted before work and during work. And depending on the position he might hurt himself lmao

Brown_Paper_Bag98 t1_iujtchh wrote

Honestly it depends on the week! Depending on how things are going in our lives, at work, with friends or family and stress on top of that, my bf and I can go from having no sex for a week or two to having sex 10 times in a week. Sex is something complimentary to your routine, not really a firm necessity that should be tallied or kept score of. See what works for you both, there isn’t a specific number that’s too high or too low.

ClassicallyStrained t1_iujtsmt wrote

Once every 2 weeks, we (25F, 27M) schedule date nights to set the mood/ intention (he's asexual so this is what we came up with after a few years of figuring out a good compromise).

Like other folks said, I wouldn't bother comparing yourself to others. Just find what works in your relationship.

After-Literature6349 t1_iujvtbz wrote

I f (26) and m (24) about once a month.. Oh boy even older people as I read here on this thread have more :O

bestpersonicanbe123 t1_iujwgdd wrote

I (29m) and my fiancé (24f) have sex once in a blue moon. We're slated to have sex about 10 times total this year.

Yes, year. I have a high drive, hers is low and she has other factors that add to our "lack thereof," so the default is no sex.

Gotta find happiness outside of sex, it'll consume you. Speaking from experience.

AutoModerator t1_iujn93x wrote

Welcome to /r/relationship_advice. Please make sure you read our rules here. We'd like to take this time to remind users that:

• We do not allow any type of am I the asshole? or situations/content involving minors

• Any sort of namecalling, insults,etc will result in the comment being removed and the user being banned.

• No referencing hateful subreddits and/or their rhetoric. (Includes, but is not limited to: red/blue/black/purplepill, FDS, MGTOW, etc.) Any infractions of this rule will result in a ban. This is not an all-inclusive list.

• All bans in this subreddit are permanent. You don't get a free pass.

• What we cannot give advice on: rants, unsolicited advice, medical conditions/advice, mental illness, letters to an ex, "body counts" or number of sexual partners, legal problems, financial problems, or situations involving minors and/or abuse (violence, sexual, emotional etc). All of these will be removed and locked. This is not an all-inclusive list.

If you have any questions, please send us a modmail.

#This is an automatic comment that appears on all posts. This comment does not necessarily mean your post violates any rules.

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.

Futueteipsum7 t1_iujov0g wrote

Usually once or twice a day, but (1) on rough or stressful days we take a pass; and (2) we've both been in relationships before where we made mistakes that lowered the average below what we want, and resolved not to make that mistake together.

Odd_Responsibility62 t1_iujq4m2 wrote

Usually every day morning and night. Unless something is up or were busy, sick, tired.

Darkrose-12888 t1_iujqouc wrote

4-5 times a week. I’m 34 and he’s 40. We both have high drives.

Diver-Weekly t1_iujqtic wrote

3 times/week, cause I work at night schedules and in the day he work, we have a child, so it's hard find a opportunity, but been married for 7 years, have times to be everyday and times being 1/week.

AngryBadgerThrowaway t1_iuk2rt1 wrote

An average week would be around 4 times. We’re mid-40s. I could go daily, but this is just about my wife’s limit.

If you think you’re not having enough sex because you want more sex, speak to your partner. If, however, you think you’re not having enough purely because other people seem to have more… you need to figure out why it bothers you.

sexworkerr t1_iuk8btb wrote

I'm not sure. Most nights I take a sleeping pill and give consent for my partner to Weekend and Bernies me while I'm out.

twotongz t1_iuk9vj9 wrote

don't compare your relationship to others. it's about the 2 of you keeping each other happy

and for me it could be 0x to 10x. mostly depends on work schedules