Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

oiler1996 t1_iuk30ya wrote

why do you think she was flirting?

Slothpapaa t1_iuk3tdn wrote

It was more of an attention thing. I went to talk to her and ask her things and she would effectively ignore me and talk to my friend and laugh and touch his shoulder and stuff.

oiler1996 t1_iuk555q wrote

I can see how that comes across as flirty, ignoring your partner and giving someone else attention can be seen as flirting. was she defensive about this, what was her reaction?

Slothpapaa t1_iuk5toc wrote

She basically said she wasn't flirting. She didn't necessarily get defensive but she was just really upset that I said that and she said she never wants that to happen again which puts pressure on me. Maybe I was overreacting but I think the entire conversation was bad when we talked about it. It just made me feel worse because I feel like I can't express my feelings to her.

oiler1996 t1_iuk71tc wrote

In a commited relationship you should feel comfortable expressing yourself no matter what the circumstances are, you felt she was being flirty, so you brought it up to her, it should have been discussed and solved then. You should be able to talk about anything and if you didnt get to the bottom of the issue then you should bring it up again. I say talk to her again and express your self and go from there