Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Livehardandfree t1_iyf5bq5 wrote

Regardless of anything take things very very slow. When kids are involved especially a young mind bringing other adults in and out several times during a childhood is not ideal.

So if this does work out great! But keep your kid away for quite awhile until you are sure it's permanent. And no don't even bring her around as a friend.

emoshscottishmum OP t1_iyf5zqr wrote

Makes it very complicated as I work in childcare and although neither of us look after my son at work he does attend an after school club at the same company and he does know her from the handful of times she’s covered for staff

Livehardandfree t1_iyf6g8o wrote

That's completely fair and totally fine. Just be careful in this area. Dating is so tricky with kids so just be super aware. And I had partners who just weren't that patient sadly and it's like look I want to fall in love and find my person but not sacrificing my kids mental health ya know?

emoshscottishmum OP t1_iyf6y6n wrote

Yeah I totally get that especially cause it’s a masssssssive change for him not just for me to find someone for it to be a woman too, he’s only little and won’t understand yet

Livehardandfree t1_iyf7huu wrote

Ironically my ex wife came out lesbian so I am an expert in this 🤣. The kids handled it really well but she also found one of the most amazing partners ever. So we have a good scenario but sometimes a bad partner can cause soooo many issues. And sadly the kids can get messed up. Seen in acquaintances i know.