Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

kissin_cuzzins t1_j6yx6h0 wrote

Yup, that’s Semmes Ave.

ImplementEven1196 t1_j6z3pq9 wrote

One of the worst I see on Semmes is a neighbor. Without getting too specific he has a pirate-themed personalized plate. Drives exactly the way he comes off on next door….. complete @$$h0le. Every morning at 7:30 like clockwork coming from downtown. Flies down Semmes cutting in and out and around, flicks his cigarette butts out into the street.

Lokky t1_j6zqsuo wrote

Is this the green car with fading paint? used to see it parked on stonewall but it's not been in its usual spot for a while.

jewelsandjuuls t1_j6yyc0e wrote

It’s so insane! I never get used to it. I’ve had to up my speed to 10 over the speed limit at the very least in order to avoid making people mad.

Doctor_Hero73 t1_j6zpp9t wrote

Let them be mad. If they cause an accident, it’ll be less dangerous when it happens at lower speeds. I had a woman on 95 this morning tailgating me in the right lane and getting upset, when both the middle and left lane were open for her move around me. Some people just want something to be upset about, don’t let that be your problem.

jewelsandjuuls t1_j70sflu wrote

Wise words. I struggle not to succumb to pressure from other drivers, especially since I am a new driver trying to get my bearings still.

LeftyAgitator t1_j6zlqxy wrote

It’s as if everyone collectively realized that the cops are too incompetent/busy to enforce traffic laws.

juwanna-blomie t1_j6yrake wrote

I really want a dashcam, just so I can review footage and feel validated in acting like a psychopath on my drives home.

thomas8266 t1_j6z6jnn wrote

I've thought about this as well. Seems there isn't a trip I take that doesn't involve someone driving like a dummy.

tRillVA t1_j6zlfg9 wrote

I finally got one for Christmas, the peace of mind is worth $150

123takeapissonme t1_j70xnfl wrote

The $150 is also worth the proof of incident that you can provide to insurance so that there will be no nonsense

princessofbeasts t1_j6ysqmr wrote

I was just texting someone about how atrocious my drive to and from work was today! Multiple tailgaters, speeding, not using signals, arrrgh I really wish I could stop being bothered by it, because I know it’ll never get better, and probably only worse.

What’s a bumper sticker I can make to publicly shame tailgaters? I’ll hand them out to anyone who wants one. I’m thinking “tailgaters smell like poopoo” but I’m open to better ideas. Nothing like a good ole mass public shaming for doodoo heads.

Edit: I’m (mostly) joking about the bumper sticker thing… unless?

BurkeyTurger t1_j6yv2xi wrote

I've been tempted to get a classic "If you're going to ride my ass at least pull my hair" sticker which is extra funny for me since I'm bald.

princessofbeasts t1_j6yvsil wrote

Oh man that is gold!! Please do the world a favor and get that bumper sticker, at least you can get a little chuckle the next time those chuckleheads ride your ass.

jewelsandjuuls t1_j6yv9fo wrote

The pull my hair thing that the other person commented is really good but the smells like poopoo is so outlandish and hilarious I’d go with that one.

Edit: and SAME to the other part of your comment! All of the things you listed boil my blood but I try to tell myself I can only control what I can. I do find myself hoping that whoever is in the car acting like an ass has a TERRIBLE day and hits a pothole and stubs their toe.

manintheyellowhat t1_j6z2yqv wrote

If you’re being tailgated at highway speeds, just give your windshield a long, luxurious clean with the sprayers.

Diet_Coke t1_j6z6yib wrote

This is my favorite. It's a not extremely subtle subtle "back off", kinda disrespectful, but less dangerous than brake checking.

FiveTicketRide t1_j6z6bwn wrote

The thing I've been noticing in the city lately is a COMPLETE disregard for school zones. Well not complete -- it's always one car. The rest of the cars will slow down to 25 as required by law but inevitably one asshat weaves in and out at 45mph like we all just slowed down for our health. It's happened to me lately at Holton, TJ and Ginter Park.

10698 t1_j6z85xg wrote

Not gonna lie, I've started ignoring the one at Huguenot High School. So many times I come through there and the school zone lights are flashing but there's absolutely no signs of life anywhere around the school. If they're boarding buses, fine, turn on the signs. If the only person left on the property is the janitor, turn the damn things off.

augie_wartooth t1_j725gl6 wrote

The stretch of Midlo by George Wythe might as well not even have signs. The limit is 35 on a normal basis, and people go 50mph regularly. When the lights are flashing, nothing changes.

Brrger t1_j6zauk2 wrote

Someone turned into my lane today and was irrationally speeding, I look over, neck deep in their phone. Surprising.

ripleyajm t1_j6zeo6x wrote

If there is the slightest bit of rain or snow this area loses its goddamn mind. On my drive to work today people were going like 40mph on 95. When it rains you simply put your lights on and go the speed limit, you don’t slow down to city speeds on the highway

bamblb t1_j6zduon wrote

Okay so it’s not just me. I had surgery a few weeks ago so I was able to drive to the grocery store for the first time in a month this afternoon and it was a mess. Multiple people walking out into the streets without looking, people using parking lanes to bypass traffic, someone stopped in the entrance of the grocery store with hazards on and the lady behind them wouldn’t go around which backed up traffic, two cyclists pulled out in front of me without looking. I was excited to drive today but the anxiety wasn’t worth it.

billsmafia5366 t1_j6z0jq6 wrote

What drives me nuts is when people just continually sit in your blind spot on either side instead of just giving you a few feet (when there’s plenty of open space) should you need to move over or just pass by you like a normal human being. Happens all the time on broad.

BureauOfBureaucrats t1_j6z61xe wrote

That’s right up there with the person who insists on sitting right next to you in an empty theater with 100 empty seats.

Charlesinrichmond t1_j6z8l4m wrote

You put water on the road and the normally awful driving around here manages to get worse

Brief_Bake1566 t1_j6zbv2i wrote

On 85 heading to 460 a silver altima used the off ramp lane to go around someone just as i was signaling to get in the right lane from the left. Then darted to the left lane and gunned it. I hope karma caught up to him

indieschoollib t1_j6zd9g6 wrote

The atrocities committed on Bliley Road just this week. Passing on a solid line, passing someone in the roundabout because they're not going fast enough. What the hell?

NaroDoesStuff t1_j6zdnh3 wrote

Well I was overtaken by some Pontiac SUV down a one lane road a week ago even though I was going the 45mph limit and possibly even a little faster, like they were honking at me and flashing me down this tight road even though it was like dark as hell

augie_wartooth t1_j723rni wrote

Semmes is one of the worst streets in the city for speeding and reckless driving, I swear to god.