Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

RVAPerson804 t1_j9qd7cj wrote

So just a thought, wouldn't you break this down into authentic tacos and gringo tacos? I think the two things are so different, for authentic I'd go with La Cabaña which is a a hole in the wall but great.

For the Gringo tacos, that's tougher, i feel like a lot of people have done "elevated cuisine" with lamb and caviar tacos for 20 bucks a taco and it's never been worthwhile.

Richmond_Mondo t1_j9qstdn wrote

Co-sign on La Cabana.

The La Milpa truck (but not the actual spot) is also great.

Tio Pablo when/if it reopens if really good and more central to the city folks like myself.

Also - not tacos - but holy shit Torchy’s queso is AMAZING. Tacos are OK.

Hayek66 t1_j9re97k wrote

Yo don't go spilling the secret of La Cabana!

No everyone should go there, may it be in business 1000 years. Suadero + Cabeza + Nopales <3

[deleted] t1_j9ri6vp wrote

[deleted]

Waynewolf t1_j9s4pw1 wrote

El Paraiso has better burritos, which most people don’t order there but I don’t know why.

I_AM_RVA t1_j9qor31 wrote

There’s a lot to unpack here.

I_AM_RVA t1_j9qv39m wrote

Since I’m being downvoted I’ll be a little clearer: tacos, along with all other cuisines, can be “elevated.” No one is actually charging 20/taco. Just because it’s not French or Italian or Spanish doesn’t mean it’s a cuisine that can’t be elevated. And wow lamb and caviar? Believe it or not there are “authentic” Mexicans in “authentic” Mexico selling and eating “authentic” tacos that are are made with “authentic” lamb.