Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

suapyg t1_ja0oyby wrote

Just a heads up for standard thief procedure: Unless this was a one-off (it probably wasn't), any thief who knows what they're doing will keep watch on where you're parking the truck, wait a couple weeks for you to replace all the tools that were in the truck, and hit you again. Easy target ID, and brand new tools.

Change it up - keep your tools somewhere else, park somewhere else, swap vehicles with someone for a month or two, whatever you have to do. They will almost certainly be back.

Source: I ran a furniture business in Brooklyn for 15 years.

Valyrian_Steelers t1_ja0uwhy wrote

This happened to my dad. Thief stole tools out of his truck, then he replaced them all and they got stolen again.

He can't afford tools anymore and is struggling financially along with mom.

Don't make the same mistake - keep the tools somewhere else

Charlesinrichmond t1_ja8hk3w wrote

in Richmond? What sort of tools? This would be good for a go fund me, and those of us who have random spares we don't use

Valyrian_Steelers t1_ja8j19a wrote

Not sure tbh - I'm not familiar with his tools. I'm also not exactly close to him nor my mom, would rather let them fend for themselves since they made me do the same years ago. Not to sound like an ass

Charlesinrichmond t1_ja8jexn wrote

ah. You don't necessarily, I am familiar with family issues. 2d hand thankfully, I'm lucky

I will keep my extra jigsaw

StarGraz3r84 OP t1_ja1stly wrote

This is where I blundered. Great tip! Education is expensive. I got too lax.