Submitted by StarGraz3r84 t3_11bto5s in rva

If anyone comes across some shitbird selling off some DeWalt 20v drills and a 12v hand saw, may even have my company acronym O.P. on a couple of the batteries, kick them in the dick for me.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

suapyg t1_ja0oyby wrote

Just a heads up for standard thief procedure: Unless this was a one-off (it probably wasn't), any thief who knows what they're doing will keep watch on where you're parking the truck, wait a couple weeks for you to replace all the tools that were in the truck, and hit you again. Easy target ID, and brand new tools.

Change it up - keep your tools somewhere else, park somewhere else, swap vehicles with someone for a month or two, whatever you have to do. They will almost certainly be back.

Source: I ran a furniture business in Brooklyn for 15 years.

Valyrian_Steelers t1_ja0uwhy wrote

This happened to my dad. Thief stole tools out of his truck, then he replaced them all and they got stolen again.

He can't afford tools anymore and is struggling financially along with mom.

Don't make the same mistake - keep the tools somewhere else

Charlesinrichmond t1_ja8hk3w wrote

in Richmond? What sort of tools? This would be good for a go fund me, and those of us who have random spares we don't use

Valyrian_Steelers t1_ja8j19a wrote

Not sure tbh - I'm not familiar with his tools. I'm also not exactly close to him nor my mom, would rather let them fend for themselves since they made me do the same years ago. Not to sound like an ass

Charlesinrichmond t1_ja8jexn wrote

ah. You don't necessarily, I am familiar with family issues. 2d hand thankfully, I'm lucky

I will keep my extra jigsaw

StarGraz3r84 OP t1_ja1stly wrote

This is where I blundered. Great tip! Education is expensive. I got too lax.

Charlesinrichmond t1_j9zxw51 wrote

ugh. That sucks. Stealing someones way to make a living is the worst.

Lowes parking lot and pawn shops of course.

Your homeowners/tenants insurance is what covers, if that's worthwhile

but the good news is now you can convert to Milwaukee!

StarGraz3r84 OP t1_ja022t1 wrote

Yeah, I might troll the parking lot a bit in my van. I got 5 good years outta them. Not worth the deductible. It was bottom end stuff, but it all served me very well.

Charlesinrichmond t1_ja06gxy wrote

oh god don't claim those, they won't give you a penny. 5 years is lifespan.

StarGraz3r84 OP t1_ja07t1s wrote

Yeah, it's pointless. Still be cool to give someone a swift kick in the dick though.

ManBMitt t1_ja31q60 wrote

The newest 20v DeWalt brushless drill is the best drill I’ve ever owned. Feels as powerful as one of those big plug-in drills from the 90s, except it’s battery-powered and super compact. Just be careful with the torque setting - the first time I used it the screw head plunged straight through the piece of plywood I was working on even though the torque was only set to 4 or 5…

Charlesinrichmond t1_ja8ho1z wrote

Have you heard about our lord and saviour Milwaukee?

now try the m18 fuel!

ManBMitt t1_ja8j6lk wrote

If Milwaukee sends me a bunch of free stuff to replace all my DeWalt tools, then I’d be more than happy to switch my allegiance.

Tayl44 t1_j9zy9yb wrote

I’m really sorry.

Stalaktitas t1_ja36cmt wrote

Had my good old tile saw stolen from my truck bed by my house, bought another one, that was stolen in few weeks the same way. Learned the lesson. The third one was stored behind the doors and locks.

SDstandchen t1_ja1fqwi wrote

Sorry for your loss. Keep an eye out they may come back around hoping to steal new tools.

Biggymilky22 t1_ja290h1 wrote

Been a victim of theft too many times in this city. Prepare to have your shit stolen.

tiglathpilesar t1_ja8pvhr wrote

Hey man, sorry this happened. I came across what looked like what may be your stuff dumped in CH. it was a deWalt drill and bits still in case, and two mostly empty Kobalt bags. PM me and I can give you details if you want.

StarGraz3r84 OP t1_ja976u4 wrote

Yes! That's me

tiglathpilesar t1_ja9o1wj wrote

It’s under the pull-up bars on the north side of Marshall between 33rd and Chimborazo

StarGraz3r84 OP t1_jaa5ja9 wrote

Question: did you set those there for me or have they just been over there for a few days? I'm going to see if there are any cameras in the area that got anything.

tiglathpilesar t1_jac9vtv wrote

I did not set them there, just came across them when I was doing my lunch workout. Check the cameras, might get lucky.

StarGraz3r84 OP t1_jacaf06 wrote

Cool. Thank you so much. I'm hoping the masjid was able to get something. Hopefully they have a cloud for their cameras and not just a hard drive. Kind of a distance, but maybe I'll recognize the person if I see them around the neighborhood.