Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

SpicyyySalsaaa OP t1_jdoibgd wrote

The freezer fan is whats causing the issue. Ice builds up and the freezer fan freezes up. Have to remove the ice maker and manually defrost it.

It's still a pain in my ass.

I never knew you were supposed to clean coils once per year tho. Will definitely be doing that with my new whirlpool I just got, hoping to squeeze 10+ years out of it and want to take care of it.

Fridges are expensive as hell these days, much like everything else. $1100 for a basic ass whirlpool fridge and my wallet is not happy with me, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

RulerOfTheRest t1_jdolfea wrote

The good thing about Whirlpools is that they've been making fridges forever, parts are easy to come by, and they're simple compared to the Samsungs and LGs. I'm running an 18-year-old Frigidaire that's still running like a champ that I picked up from Lowes scratch-and-dent section, fortunately the scratches and dents are on the side that isn't visible where I put the fridge...

Derigiberble t1_jdolyis wrote

Appliances in general are fucking nuts now.

Source: just had to get a new fridge and am shopping to replace my slide-in range. Solidly in "goddamn" territory cost-wise.