Submitted by DangeRaide t3_11z1v0e in rva

Hello! Are there any film groups here that meet in person? I'm a 24m attempting a creative career and have been getting into older and experimental film the last few years. It's been hard trying to find likeminded people, local facebook groups have been duds. Anyone have any suggestions or any interest in starting something?

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

FritzFromSonofaFritz t1_jdbizs8 wrote

Come hang out with us at the Richmond Film Network! It’s a monthly screening of short films at Movieland (next one is mid April) but afterwards there’s a great networking/hangout at a bar afterwards where you can meet some of the filmmakers that made said shorts, or meet plenty of RVA film folks who are there to just talk shop. It started in November and each month it keeps getting bigger and bigger. It’s from the same folks who are involved in the Richmond 48 Hour Film Project, which happens later this Summer.

Vajama77 t1_jdaiu81 wrote

The James River Film Festival (or whatever it's called these days) is run by a bunch of local film makers, seems like that's up your alley.

bruxalle t1_jdah01x wrote

Film as in movies or film as in photography?

_R_A_ t1_jdc29j5 wrote

Lol... Read the original post and felt bad for going all digital with my camera for a second.

jjj999catcatcat t1_jdalkek wrote

@screeningsatsolitary and @newhabitcinema for diy screenings- should find some likeminded folks there

ashbee4 t1_jddnetk wrote

There use to be a RVA movie buff meetup once a month at bow tie. I think the guy who ran it moved away but I’ve been hoping it starts up again/been thinking of starting one again. If people are interested, lmk. I’ll try to track down the guy and see if he still has the list serve.