Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

juwanna-blomie t1_jduyztb wrote

Mind blowing movies I’ve seen lately:

Supervixens- exploitation 70s film, off the wall crazy, lots of nudity and over the top scenes not to mention the last 20-30 min of this movie are batshit crazy. I wouldn’t call this a great movie in any way, but it IS unlike just about any movie I’ve ever seen.

Bay of Blood- a lot of the kills in this one inspired the Friday the 13th kills, specifically the spear through the bed kill. Once again, the ending to this one made me say out loud, “what the fuck?!”.

Infinity Pool- David Cronenberg’s son Brandon directed this, starts off seeming like some weird version of White Lotus and quickly turns into something far more cynical and sinister. Mia Goth is absolutely amazing in this movie (see Pearl for more awesome Goth) and it gave me chills. The idea is pretty crazy and gets pretty cerebral.

Edit: adding Cruising to this list. Directed by William Friedkin (The Exorcist) starring Al Pacino as a homocide detective who goes undercover in the queer community to catch a a killer targeting gay men.

popeboyQ OP t1_jduz76i wrote

Oh nice! I've got to check out Infinity Pool, I've been a big fan of his dad's for ages and Possessor was awesome.