Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

UntrainedFoodCritic OP t1_jdd8p99 wrote

Oh wow that’s way better than I thought, thank y’all for the help. Luckily got on at sycamore creek in goochland, still it feels like there aren’t as many courses as even Roanoke to play at.

wickedwoobie328 t1_jdd95gf wrote

The big difference is driving from downtown Roanoke you hit open land way faster. So where something like blue hills is 20 min away, the same course/rate combo is 45-50 minutes away from rva. Hanover and Dogwood trace are very nice courses with reasonable rates.

UntrainedFoodCritic OP t1_jdd9iwm wrote

You know, you’re exactly right I didn’t think of it like that lol. Explains why there are legit like 7 you can play within 15 minutes of downtown Roanoke, near blue hills there’s 3 within 5 minutes lol

wickedwoobie328 t1_jdd9ryq wrote

Roanoke has a fantastic network of public courses in great shape. Definitely one of the things I miss, that and Texas tavern.

jdbug100 t1_jdd97vr wrote

Forgot about Sycamore, probably ok during the week but it's a 7 hour round on the weekends.

Royal New Kent and Vinaterra are other options if you're willing to drive a little bit.

I'd recommend downloading GolfNow and then calling the available places to avoid the GN fees.

UntrainedFoodCritic OP t1_jdd9qko wrote

Vinaterra kicked my ass when I played it, left with no balls after 12 lol. Thanks, I’ll definitely do that