Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

gordonglover t1_iu42cfx wrote

I moved out to Short Pump and am trying the places near me. So far, Vinny's Pizza is solid for pizza. Chun Hing wasn't great. I am not sure the next restaurants we will try but I'm sure the list will grow.

khuldrim t1_iu452mn wrote

Thai Won On. Really great Thai, and they have a second British menu with supposedly the best fish and chips in town. Run by a husband and wife, wife is Thai and husband is an old British guy.

gordonglover t1_iu45dij wrote

I love them! Been going to them since their food truck days!

Danger-Moose OP t1_iu43lp9 wrote

When I worked out there I enjoyed Boychik's for a quick breakfast or lunch. Bonus, it reminds me now of Red Oaks.

Alex_Caton94 t1_iu4x9aa wrote

Solid spots in and around Short Pump --

• Peter Chang's (best Chinese food in RVA - esp. if you appreciate spicy food)

• Canastas (incredibly flavorful Peruvian chicken with massive portions)

• Taquiero Habanero (no frills hole-in-the-wall with the best tacos in the West End)

• La Vita E'Bella (tasty, inexpensive Italian with massive portions)

• Sandano's (best subs in the West End + beach fries!)

• Boychiks (tasty, inexpensive, no frills Jewish diner)

• El Cap (tasty, inexpensive Tex Mex with massive portions, cheap margs, and tasty white sauce)

• Niveneh (delicious, authentic Iraqi food with killer kebabs, falafel, & baked goods)

• Mantu Market (high quality, delicious, & authentic Afghan food with great produce, baked goods, etc.)

• E-Loteria (flavorful, delicious Mexican street food with killer quesabirria tacos, elote, & churro sundaes)

HunterRoze t1_iu5rm29 wrote

You left off Cupertino's off Cox Rd - on the other side from Boychiks. They make darn decent bagels.

aredheadthing t1_iu5cxo5 wrote

Will always second Boychicks. Been going since I was a baby and it never lets me down